Chapter 25

In the early hours before classes began, as promised, Mr. Ollivander sent an owl to tell me when he finished crafting the wand I requested. As quickly as I could, I travelled all the way to Hogsmeade. The sky was lightening up from the sun rising and it casted a beautiful golden glow onto the white clouds. Along with the view, the air outside was nice and fresh instead of freezing cold. It comes to show that winter is almost over and soon, the snow will melt, watering the ground to grow new green grass and flowers. If I wasn't in such a hurry, I would've taken this time to go on a stroll.

When I entered Hogsmeade, the village, as expected, was mostly barren. Those who were out were shop owners clearing the snow that had fallen in front of their shop and windows overnight. I opened the door to Ollivander's, the bell rang when I did, and I saw him at the counter with one of the green wand boxes.

"Ah, good morning, miss Holloway. You sure arrived quickly," greeted Mr. Ollivander.

"Good morning to you as well, Sir. And yes, the wand I asked of you is really important that I couldn't leave it until later."

"Well, I must say, this particular wand is quite astonishing. I never had to craft a wand in this fashion before. Of course, broken wands are rather simple to craft again, but this was something else entirely. You gave me a challenge with this one." He went and lifted the lid of the slim box. "Here, take a look."

When the box was fully opened, inside it, lying on the blue velvet cushion, was a beautiful wand. The wood itself was ashy brown and smooth. The handle of the wand looked to be made of blue crystal with a pale blue wisp design spiraling up the wand. And the last detail was the pale gold decoration that also covered the wand. It was a fine crafted wand that screamed magical.

"It's beautiful, Mr. Ollivander," I said in awe.

He chuckled softly. "One of the best I ever created, I'll admit. Even with its very limited use." He closed the box and secured it with a latch. "From what I could gather from the letter Professor Fig sent me, is that this wand serves a unique and single purpose. I doubt you'd find much use for it otherwise."

I smiled. "Nor would I. I'd rather stick to my own wand. But thank you, Mr. Ollivander. You've been a great help." I took the box in my hands and said my goodbyes.

When I walked back outside, the village streets were completely empty and eerily quiet. Paying it no mind, thinking it was still too early for people, I turned to the village exit before spotting Victor Rookwood walking in my direction with purpose. Panicking, I drew my wand from my robe and pointed it at him.

"Well, I'm afraid you're on your own, little girl." He turned to look around the area. "I made sure we had a moment alone."

As he kept walking towards me, I said in a threatening tone, wand still raised at him, "Not another step closer." He stopped when I said so, but he looked amused rather than afraid. Not that I expected him to be.

He raised his hands slightly, as if to pacify me. "Come, come. No need for such theatrics. In light of what Ranrok now knows, you must agree that our interests are aligned."

I glared at him. "Our interests will never be aligned," I said firmly.

His reaction was one of disbelief, like he actually thought I'd agree with him. "You would let goblins take what is rightfully ours? The final repository belongs to Wizardkind." He gave a friendly smile. "We would be fools not to work together." Suddenly, something caught his attention and pointed to what I was carrying. "What's that you got there," he asked all innocently.

Knowing I couldn't let him take the wand, I put it behind my back and out of his reach. "Oh, might this sudden visit to the wandmaker have something to do with our...mutual pursuit?"