Chapter 29

Dear Selene,

How was your first day home? I'm sure you've been missing it like last time during Christmas break. I suppose being there this time won't be a complete vacation for you if you still had to do schoolwork, but at least it's quieter there. I do miss working together in the Room. I know you most likely told Deek to take care of your beasts, but I also took the liberty of checking on them for you after classes are finished. Well, to be honest, I have been hanging around with them more often to keep me company with you back home, Ominis keeping his distance from me, and Anne refusing to see me. I'm missing you more than ever now that I'm kind of alone here, but I'm fine and you don't need to worry about me; I have plenty to keep myself occupied. You wouldn't believe all the books the Room conjured for me.

It's kind of strange how everything has gone back to normal around here. Sure, there were plenty of talks about the attack that happened suddenly, but since no one was around to witness anything or get caught up in it, it slowly died down. Of course, we can all feel the absence of Fig, but other than that, there's nothing else to remind people of what happened. I suppose that's a good thing and no one had to suffer from the attack like you have. The professors haven't said anything about you being deeply involved to keep your secret. Well, if everyone knew that you saved the Wizarding world from a goblin rebellion, you'd be bombarded with feelings of gratitude. After everything you've been through, you deserve a quiet life from now on.

Anyway, I hope you're taking care of yourself and taking advantage of the break you rightfully deserve. I'm eagerly waiting for your letter.

— Sebastian

Dear Selene,

I'm glad to hear that you're alright to an extent. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having nightmares. I still have them, too. Haven't gotten a restful sleep since what happened at the catacomb. I would have asked for a Dreamless Sleep potion, but I didn't want to draw too much attention if I started asking for one every night. And because I've been causing such a fuss for my dormmates, I started to bunk down in the Room. Other than that, I've been okay, too.

I've taken a part time job over at the Three Broomsticks. Since Solomon is gone now, I have to start providing for both Anne and I. She might not want to see me at the moment, but I still have to look out for her. Sirona has been very kind and understanding of my situation by giving me a generous wage. The work has been another thing to keep my mind occupied.

It's starting to warm up around here. Still a lot of snow, but I've been seeing bits of flowers already blooming. I'm sure by the time you return we'll be seeing a lot more green.

— Sebastian

Dear Selene,

Happy 16th birthday. It's a shame I'm not there to celebrate with you, but I did ask Deek to fetch a small cake to celebrate the occasion. I even invited your elf, Penny, over for a slice. I hope you like the gift I sent over. It's not much, but I'm sure you'll appreciate a bag of chocolate frogs and a chance to grow your card collection.

Not much has been going on around here. It's the same routine day in and day out. I'm starting to miss some of the adventures we got into. We should probably do something when you return. I'm sure you're itching for some excitement as well. The fun kind and not the life risking type, of course.

— Sebastian

Dear Selene,