Chapter 20

"Selene, I found her!" Poppy shouted when she barged into my shop. The Ancient Mart has been well received by the villagers in Hogsmeade with how I provide almost anything, from items used in one's home to personal effects. Poppy was among the students that came over to check it out and discovered that I owned it when I stopped by to see its progress.

"Who did you find?" I asked while I was organizing a few things.

She eyed the few shoppers in the room that looked at her weird from the commotion she made. "Um, is there a private place to talk?"

"Sure." I looked to Penny who was manning the counter. "I'll be in the back room if you need me, Penny."

"Oh, Penny will be fine here, young miss." I keep insisting to Penny that she can call me Selene, but it seems like she would rather call me "young miss".

I took Poppy with me to the back room where I keep more items to sell later. When I closed the door behind us, Poppy began to tell me what she came to inform me about.

"I found her. The dragon that we set free from Horntail Hall. I know it took me months to track her down, but I finally found recent evidence of her whereabouts."

"Really? Where's that?"

"It's quite far I'm afraid; near the ruins of an abandoned settlement. I suspect that's where her nest is. She must still be frantic about her egg. I'd like for us to return it to her as soon as possible."

"Well, I'm free to go now if you like. I would also like to return it as quickly as possible. I wouldn't want it to hatch before we find her. Would be difficult to handle it while we traveled."

"Agreed. Go fetch the egg from your safe place and meet me back here."

We walked out of the room, and I mentally prepared for a dangerous encounter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woah. What happened to you, Moon Fish?" asked a concerned Sebastian. I could understand wanting to know what I got up to. I showed up to the Undercroft upon his summons covered in soot and my uniform singed in some areas.

"I was with Poppy," I said.

He raised a hand. "Say no more. I can guess." I don't know if he could guess that it had something to do with a dragon. "Anyway, I did call you here for a reason. Do you remember less than a week ago that you told me I would stick by you as you've done for me?" I nodded. "Well, I told you that I knew of a way to keep doing that, and that's with me helping you complete this tryptic."

That wasn't something I expected him to say. To be honest I kept forgetting about the triptych with everything going on these past few months.

"I had to do some research on the region as I suspect the painting is depicting a certain location. It was difficult at first since the painting doesn't give much of clue of where this could be, so I thought I'd go grid by grid on a map in search of it," he explained. "And I finally found it just yesterday."

I was gobsmacked with all the effort he put into this. "You went around searching for this place and managed to find it in less than a week?"

"Not exactly. I started searching after your second trial, but after a lot of stuff going on in the meantime, I sort of put that on hold—only having a few days here and there to continue searching. But after everything you've been doing for me, I dove right back into searching for this place. I know you've been getting a bit more insight with the memories of Isidora the Keepers are showing you, but you might get more if you follow this separate path she laid out for you. Especially when the Keepers are still holding out on you. You could learn more about your power."