Chapter 30

I closed up the last of my luggage with everything that was needed for my return to Hogwarts. A month at home with the purpose of "taking a break" has helped me somewhat, being in a positively familiar place and all, but the memories will always haunt me. Dark memories that many didn't know I've gone through. Sebastian wasn't the only one with sleepless nights. Every time I look in the mirror, I grimace when noticing purple bags under my eyes that make my skin seem even paler and sickly. I inwardly cringe when my thoughts go to how similar my appearance resembled Anne's.

Hearing the newly connected floo network for this occasion activate downstairs, I grabbed the last luggage and left my bedroom. Waiting for me in the living room was my father and Professor Weasley.

"Ah, Miss Holloway. Happy to be coming back to Hogwarts?" she asked with a smile.

I returned it with one of my own. "As much as I liked being back home, I have missed being back at the castle."

"Mhm, Hogwarts does have that charm of feeling at home. Now then, do you have all of your belongings?"

"Yes, this is the last of my things," I said, gesturing at the suitcase in my hand.

"Very well. I'll be ahead of you with your things while you say your goodbyes. I'll be waiting for you at the headmaster's office." She shrunk all the luggage so she could stuff them into her pockets, and she disappeared into the green flames after calling out her destination.

Father pulled me into a tight embrace with my head tucked under his chin. I clung to him and tried to keep the memory of his spicy woody scent in my head. A smell that I always associated with home and protection.

"I know the worst is over, but still, look after yourself, alright? If you feel overwhelmed, just ask for a potion at the Hospital Wing. I know there isn't much to be done for dealing with nightmares, but a Calming draught might still help with sleep."

"Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be okay. And I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing."

He chuckled. "I'll always worry, honey. But your letters will be helpful in toning it down." He let me go. "So, I guess the only thing you should be anxious about are your OWLs coming soon. Just focus on that, okay?"

I nodded. "I will. I'll certainly be putting in a lot of practice."

"That's what I like to hear," he said as he patted my head affectionately. "Now, you should get going. We'll see each other again when summer break rolls around."

"Of course, but I'll still miss you, nonetheless." Giving each other a kiss goodbye and one last hug, I walked over to the fireplace. Grabbing enough floo power, I clearly spoke my desired destination, and the green flames engulfed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Selene, it's good to have you back," said Nerida when she greeted me with a hug when I showed up at our dormitory.

I hugged her back. "It's good to be back."

When she released me, she asked, "How've you been? Did your break back home help?"

Before I left, I did explain to her that I was going back home to recover better after a traumatic incident. Though I never specified on what it was. Professor Weasley did tell me to tell anyone who asks that I was going home to mentally recover. "It helped me enough. I don't think I'll be myself fully for a long while."

"Oh, well that's understandable. At least you're doing better." We chatted for a bit while I took the time to put away my belongings. She then brought up Sebastian.

"I'm kind of worried. Sure, I don't really speak to him that often, but still...there's something wrong with him."

I already heard what was going on from Professor Weasley and Sebastian himself, but maybe there was more to the story. "Oh, yeah?"