Chapter 34

The first thing I felt upon waking up was how the peacefulness and calmness wrapped themselves around me and entered my soul. It was like waking up in a grassy meadow full of wildflowers with the little birds singing and the warm sun shining down on you. There are no burdens, no dangers, no worries and complications; you're just there taking it all in. It's been a long time since I woke up with a feeling like that. All I wished to do was lie here and enjoy it for as long as I could. But as I did, I took notice of something else.

As I lay still, what I was lying on was gently moving up and then down the same way. At the same time, right underneath my head, there was a constant strong and steady beating. The more I became aware, the more I realized the position I was in. I was curled up next to Sebastian's warm bare body—at least the top. This made me aware in an instant, while my arm was also draped across his chest, that I was also topless. This should have filled me with a bag of anxiety, but I felt nothing of the sort. What I recalled at the beach, for a moment I thought it was all a dream—a pleasant dream. But no—it indeed happened. Even then, there were no negative feelings when we embraced with our top halves bare.

Looking up, I could see the face of a peacefully slumbering Sebastian. There wasn't a speck of distress upon his sleeping face—not a hint of a crease between his brows, no slight press of his lips, or from what I can see and feel, night sweats. That was a face I'd hope to see every night.

Then there was something else that caught my attention. As my leg ended up being positioned between his legs, I easily detected how hard he was. This didn't surprise me or had me flustering like mad at this point when feeling it at the beginning of us sleeping in the same bed—this was apparently a common thing with men. Though, after what happened last night and the intensity of it, feeling it now has caused me to start aching for it again. I moaned in frustration at myself for losing control of my body and mind. Ever since we began this stage of intimacy, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about it constantly when my mind wasn't busy with other things. How did I become someone this lustful?

I got startled out of my thoughts when a hand was placed on my bare shoulder from behind. Looking back up again, I saw that Sebastian was wake; his sleepy eyes opened only halfway.

"Good morning," I said.

"Morning," he responded back in a deep raspy voice.

"Sleep well?"

He gave a tired chuckle. "I believe I should be asking you that, but yes. Best sleep I've had in a long time. And you? No nightmares?"

I shook my head. "From what I can remember, no."

"That's good." He dragged his hand down my arm before bringing it up again to my shoulder. The act caused my arm to develop goosebumps. "I have to say, it really got intense last night."

"It did. I didn't think it would feel quite like that."

"I didn't get too rough with you, have I?"

Him bringing it up brought my attention to my body. Specifically, to my chest. "I do feel a bit...tender with my breasts."

He gave a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that."

"Well, it...it wasn't so bad. I, uh, really liked it. It's odd how a bit of pain could feel exciting. Is it weird?" I questioned. Usually when we had our intimate moments it never got like that. Sure, there were times it got more heated and left marks, but not to the point of inflicting long lasting pain.

"No, of course not. There are a bunch of things that people would get excited for. In fact, I felt the same way about it. You did claw up my back pretty good that it threw me over the edge."