Chapter 31

When I woke up from what I believed to be a dreamless sleep, I thought I was back in my dorm. But then I remembered, my dorm doesn't have windows. Though, if it did, I'd be waking up to see fishes swimming behind the glass like I am now. I recall that I decided to sleep in the Room last night.

I rubbed my eyes to get rid of sleepiness, even though I feel like going back to sleep some more while it's still possible to sleep without any nightmares. Unfortunately, classes resume today, so I have to get up to get ready. As I moved to sit up, I just now realized the weight on my waist. Ah, now I remembered the full story from last night.

I slowly turned to look behind me to see Sebastian still sleeping soundly. Relieved he hasn't experienced any harsh nightmares during the night—me being a light sleeper would've woken up if he was tossing and turning—I didn't want to wake him up now. He really needed the extra hours of sleep. So, trying my hardest to not wake him, I started to gently move his arm before realizing something else that had me blushing.

My nightshirt hand rose sometime during the night, exposing my belly, and Sebastian's very warm hand was resting right on it. And right at that moment, he moved a bit in his sleep, his hand traveling a little higher, right under my breasts and slightly underneath my nightshirt. My face became hotter, and my heartbeat increased. Still, as embarrassing as this was, the warmth of his hand on my skin felt nice. It reminded me of when we were in the beach vivarium, and he traced the scars on my back. Not only that, but he also laid kisses on them and my neck. Thinking about how hot his breath was on my skin made me shiver with goosebumps in a pleasant way. In fact, I can faintly feel it when his face is basically against my hair. When I felt his fingers twitch against my bare skin, I gasped and my whole body was getting warmer—not from embarrassment this time as far as I can tell.

Thinking that I should be getting up now before I end up overheating under the covers, I gently moved his arm from around me, and slipped out of bed. I looked back at his sleeping form, and he wasn't bothered at all. He's definitely dead to the world. Can't imagine how exhausted he must have been this past month with the added pressures he's facing.

Exiting the bedroom, I walked to the study room on the other side of the Room to the desk. Taking out a piece of parchment from the drawer, I laid it on the desktop and wrote a message to Sebastian when he eventually wakes up.

Sebastian,

By the time you read this, I should be in the middle of class. I let you sleep in because I thought it'd be best for you to continue resting. I believe you should take today off to regain your energy, and when classes are done for the day, you and I should meet with Professor Weasley to discuss how you'll continue with your education. It's a real problem that has to be addressed and I don't want you to be left behind because of it. And speaking of not falling behind, don't worry, I'll be collecting your homework for you since we have the same classes today. Lastly, you should tell Sirona that you'll be taking a break today. Hopefully she's also taken notice of your state to be understanding enough to let you take a break.

I'll be seeing you soon.

— Selene

Putting down the quill, I folded the note, and headed back to the bedroom. Sebastian was still asleep in the same position I left him. I placed the note on the pillow beside him, and I quickly and silently changed to yesterday's clothes.

Standing at the doorway that automatically opened at my proximity, I took one last look at Sebastian before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where were you last night, Selene?" asked Nerida when I sat down for breakfast. "Were you reverting to staying out at all hours of the night? Merlin only knows how you could wake up before all of us and leave if you had." She then gave a teasing smile. "Or perhaps, you weren't in the dorm at all since you could've returned after all of us had already left. If that's the case, where did you sleep? This wasn't the first time you've done it."