Cuddles

Y/N and Emma had been dating for just a few weeks, their love budding like a delicate spring flower. Tonight, they were curled up on the couch, engrossed in a movie. The room was dimly lit, the only sound the soft murmur of the film and their occasional laughter.

Y/N had her arm draped over the back of the couch, and Emma, sitting close, felt a chill creeping down her spine. She shivered but refused to acknowledge it. She was reluctant to ask Y/N for anything; they were still new, and she didn’t want to seem too needy.

As the movie played on, Emma’s attention wavered. Her eyes occasionally strayed from the screen, her thoughts wandering to the warmth of Y/N’s body next to her. She longed for a comforting embrace, the safety of Y/N’s arms, but her hesitance held her back.

Emma shifted uncomfortably, pulling her sweater tighter around her. Y/N noticed the subtle signs, the way Emma’s gaze darted between the movie and the empty space beside her. Her instincts were tuned into Emma’s unspoken needs.

With a gentle smile, Y/N turned to Emma and asked, „Are you okay, my love?“ Emma hesitated for a moment, her heart racing, then replied softly, „I’m just a little cold, that’s all.“

Y/N’s expression softened, understanding Emma’s hidden request. She reached out, drawing Emma closer. „Come here,“ Y/N said, her voice warm and inviting. „You wanna cuddle, my love?“

Emma’s face lit up, and she nestled into Y/N’s embrace. The warmth of Y/N’s body enveloped her, like a protective cocoon. The movie continued to play, but now, Emma found solace in Y/N’s arms, her head resting on Y/N’s chest.

They watched the rest of the film, but for Emma, the world beyond the embrace of her new love seemed distant and insignificant. Y/N’s fingers gently traced patterns on Emma’s back, and Emma felt a sense of belonging that she had longed for.

As the credits rolled, Y/N whispered softly, „I’m here for you, Emma, always.“ Emma looked up at her, her eyes filled with gratitude. They shared a tender kiss, sealing their unspoken connection.

In the end, it wasn’t about the movie they had been watching, but the simple yet profound act of seeking and offering comfort. Their love had grown a little stronger that night, wrapped in the warmth of each other’s arms.

------------
A/N: Yes, a delicate spring flower, isn't that poetic? My English teacher would be proud
See ya <3