Morning

The morning sun painted soft hues across the bedroom as Emma stirred from her slumber. She blinked, adjusting to the gentle light that filtered through the curtains. Stretching languidly, she glanced over to the empty side of the bed, momentarily missing the warmth of Y/N's presence.

With a contented sigh, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and padded into the kitchen. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee greeted her, mingling with something else, something more enchanting. There was music in the air.

Emma leaned against the door frame, a smile tugging at her lips as she watched Y/N at the stove, swaying gently to the rhythm of a song. The words spilled from her lips in a melodic hum.

„I wanna be your vacuum cleaner, breathing in your dust."

Y/N turned, startled but not flustered. Her eyes met Emma's, and a sheepish grin spread across her face. „Morning, sleepyhead," she greeted, her voice carrying the soft lilt of her morning melody.

Emma chuckled, walking over to Y/N. „Good morning to you too. What's got you in such a musical mood?"

Y/N's cheeks flushed slightly. „Just felt like singing, I guess. And this song... well, it felt fitting."

Emma arched an eyebrow, intrigued. „Oh? And what song might that be?"

With a playful glint in her eye, Y/N cleared her throat and sang, her voice tender and filled with affection.

„I wanna be your Ford Cortina, I will never rust."

Recognition dawned on Emma's face, and she joined in, their voices harmonizing effortlessly.

„if you like your coffee hot, let me be your coffee pot."

Laughter bubbled between them, mingling with the strains of the song. Y/N turned off the stove, the scent of pancakes and fresh berries wafting through the air.

As they finished their duet, Y/N turned to Emma, a softness in her gaze. „I wanted to make you breakfast. You looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake you."

Emma's heart swelled with warmth. She stepped closer, her arms slipping around Y/N. „You're too kind," she murmured, pressing a kiss to Y/N's cheek. „Thank you."

They settled at the table, plates of fluffy pancakes and vibrant berries before them. The morning sunlight danced on the tabletop, casting a golden glow over their simple yet perfect breakfast.

As they ate, conversation flowed effortlessly. They spoke of dreams, of little things that made them happy, and of the future they hoped to build together. The connection between them deepened with each shared word.

After they had savored the last bite, Y/N reached across the table, her fingers finding Emma's. Her eyes held a quiet intensity, a promise of forever.

„Emma," she began, her voice steady, „I know it's early, but there's something I've been wanting to say. These past weeks with you have been... magical. You've brought so much light into my life, and I can't imagine my days without you."

Emma's heart pounded, every word Y/N spoke resonating deep within her. She squeezed Y/N's hand, her voice soft but certain. „Y/N, you've filled my days with warmth and laughter. I've never felt so connected to someone, so sure about the future. I love you."

Y/N smiled, a radiant glow illuminating her face. „I love you too."

In that moment, with the morning sun as their witness, they knew that this was the beginning of a beautiful journey. A journey filled with songs, laughter, and the sweetest kind of love that would carry them through every sunrise, together.

----------------

A/N: Oh god this is so cheesy 💀

I actually really listened to the song while writing it...

See ya