Roommates

Emma and Y/N, two roommates with a bond that teetered on the edge of something more, decided to indulge in a spontaneous movie night one Friday evening. With a stack of DVDs and an assortment of snacks, they transformed their living room into a cozy sanctuary away from the bustling city outside.

Emma, with her short brown hair framing her face and her captivating blue-green eyes, flashed a mischievous grin as she popped a handful of popcorn into her mouth. "I'm telling you, Y/N, nothing beats a classic rom-com on a Friday night."

Y/N chuckled, settling onto the couch beside Emma. "Oh, I don't know. I think horror movies have their own charm. Plus, they give me an excuse to cuddle with you."

Emma's eyebrow quirked up in amusement. "Is that so? Maybe I should've picked something a bit scarier then."

Their banter flowed effortlessly as they debated over which movie to watch first, their laughter filling the room like a melody. As the opening credits rolled, they nestled into the cushions, sharing a blanket and whenever a particularly romantic scene came on Y/N would turn to Emma and say something like "Could be us." or anyother kind of cheesy pick-up line, making Emma chuckle and roll her eyes at the same time.

As the movie played on the screen, Y/N's attention drifted away from the plot, fixating instead on the famous singer who made a cameo appearance. She couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia as memories of her childhood dreams resurfaced.

"You know," Y/N began, pausing the movie and turning to Emma, "I always wanted to be a singer when I was younger."

Emma's eyebrows shot up in surprise, a laugh escaping her lips. "Really? You dreamt of being a singer? That's so cliché!"

Y/N chuckled softly, her gaze distant as she shrugged. "I don't know, I guess I just liked the thought of inspiring people with my music, like music inspires me, you know?"

Before Emma could respond, Y/N shook her head, a hint of self-doubt creeping into her voice. "Sorry, that sounds probably stupid..."

Emma shook her head, a soft smile playing on her lips. "It's not stupid. It's actually pretty cool. I was just surprised. You don't seem like a person who likes to sing, you know..."

Y/N chuckled and shrugged. "Guess I give off the wrong vibe then. I love singing, actually."

Emma's smile widened. "Oh, sing me something then."

Y/N laughed and shook her head, resisting the temptation. "Right now? Nooo. Let's just watch the movie, okay?"

Emma pouted, crossing her arms over her chest. "Oh, come on. Please?"

Y/N rolled her eyes, trying not to give in to Emma's adorable plea. "I will sing another time for you, okay? Just not now."

Emma's eyes sparkled with excitement as she extended her little finger towards Y/N for a pinky swear. "You promise?"

Y/N giggled and nodded, linking her pinky with Emma's. "I promise."

With the promise made, they settled back into the couch and resumed the movie, and between scenes, they indulged in an array of snacks, from popcorn to chocolate to chips, their fingers occasionally brushing as they reached for the same treat. Each accidental touch sent a jolt of electricity through their veins, igniting a silent tension that hung between them like a delicate thread.

As the night wore on and the stack of DVDs dwindled, Emma and Y/N found themselves in a state of comfortable contentment, the weight of the outside world slipping away with each passing minute. In the soft glow of the TV screen, they shared stories of childhood memories, dreams for the future, and everything in between, their hearts slowly inching closer together with each word spoken.