Second chance

"Hey calm down, don't get hurt" Aerin said to both of her kids who were actively playing on the ground

"Hey calm down, don't get hurt" Aerin said to both of her kids who were actively playing on the ground. The family decided to go on a picnic after spending a week inside the home.

"Ahhh!" Jiyoung screamed suddenly after she tripped on the grass and fell down. Jungkook immediately panicked and tried getting up to look upon his kid only to sit back since his hands were firmly held by someone.

"D-don't, don't give her attention. Let her get up on her own" Aerin said, still having her hands on Jungkook. Jungkook's eyes went towards the area where she is holding him firmly. Then his eyes moved back to her eyes which were already staring at him.

"Aerin, I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat" Bangchan announced suddenly in a loud voice which startled her resulting in taking her hands back. Meanwhile Jungkook's hands were still at the spot she was holding him a while ago. He literally rolled his eyes in annoyance as it seemed like Bangchan specifically shouted to remind him Aerin belongs to Bangchan!

"S-sure..I-"

"No! It's alright. I and Taehyung will go. You guys stay here..uhm..since Channie is hungry, you come with us. Get whatever you want" Yoongi said grinning sarcastically.

"No but Aer-"

"Aerin needs to look upon the kids. Jungkook can't do that alone. Just come on man" with that Yoongi pulled Bangchan with him and got lost to the nearby stalls.

Silence filled the place where they were sitting. Their eyes solely looked at eachother for a second and immediately turned towards the place where their kids were playing.

It felt like they wanted to speak with eachother. A lot may be. But neither of them spoke as their ego didn't let them do it. Aerin was okay though, she was okay with speaking with him again. May be a try won't hurt. That's what she thought.

"I-Ju-"

As soon as the words started coming out of her mouth, Jungkook's surprised eyes reached her face which made her to stop. His eyes were wide, as if he couldn't believe that she's talking to him. He was confused as if what is this conversation about. He was relaxed as if finally the wait is over.

Aerin gulped and her eyes immediately shifted back and forth of him. It's been years but still his eyes had an effect on her.

And she hated it.

"J-Jiyoungie, i-is she really bad at studies?" Fuck! she mumbled as this is not what she wanted to speak.

Jungkook on the other hand sighed. Ofcourse she just wanted to talk about their kids. Not any other things!

"Y-yeah..i mean not that bad. But yeah she is poor at her academics"

"Oh..w-why don't you send her to some extra coaching..like i-it will improve her"