Chapter 70

"Uncle?" Jungkook spoke confused as uncle Seo-joon also had the same expression on his face.

"What happened to you?" Uncle Seo-joon asked concerned as soon as his eyes took his form in. He was in visible pain with blood all around.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked with narrowed eyes, his voice emotionless. Uncle Seo-joon gave him a confused look before speaking.

"I'm a heart patient son. What I'll be doing in a hospital other than my weekly checkups." Uncle Seo-joon spoke bit sternly because of the way Jungkook demanded answer.

"Now answer me, what happened to you?" Uncle Seo-joon spoke seriously making him look down for a second as he cursed himself for even doubting uncle seo-joon at first place.

"It's nothing serious uncle. A little fight ended up into this but it's handled." Jungkook spoke calmly but whom he was fooling. Uncle Seo-joon didn't believe a single word that escaped his lips.

"If you say so." Was all uncle seo-joon said but his voice was clear giveaway that he didn't believe Jungkook.

"Get yourself treated and get back home soon." Uncle Seo-joon spoke sternly as in a warning manner making him nod his head in affirmation. A concerned look was plastered on uncle seo-joon's face as he left from there.

Jungkook couldn't get his head wrapped around at anything at this moment. His mind was doubting almost everyone to be the traitor but his heart wasn't ready to admit it because he knew that whoever this traitor is. He's one of the family member. And that person really hate Jungkook to his guts.

That traitor wants Jungkook to forget his memory, why? So they could get Mangonel and his whole empire. But he himself said that he'll give the right shares of the Jeon empire to his brother and cousins as their rights but then what this person wants? The simple answer is, that person wants everything that Jungkook has. That traitor wants power.

From the bottom of his heart, he knows that it couldn't be anyone from his siblings. They are his shoulders and strength. He can bet on his life that its none of them. That only leaves the elders at doubt.

Uncle Seo-joon and Soo hyun!

What could they get from his memory loss? They can get to be the next leader for sure but are they really the traitors? This sudden encounter with uncle seo-joon didn't set well with Jungkook. And his thoughts kept roaming around the fact that why this coincidence felt so suspicious.

His trance broke when he saw Jhope approaching him. He straightened up to square his shoulders but hissed in pain. His wounds are still untreated, and he didn't know how in the world he still had strength to walk when his body is about to fall any second.

Before Jhope could say a word, a sharp pain radiated in his head and a scene played in his mind, Taehyung was on the bed paralyzed and fire was all around. He stumbled back as he holds his head in his hands and closed his eyes as he recalled someone killing the maid Hana. And then just like that the flash of memory stopped.

By the time he opened his eyes, he saw concerned face of Jhope who was holding Jungkook's arm around his shoulder to support him. "Boss please let the medical staff treat you." Jhope almost pleaded not being able to see Jungkook in this state.

I'm fine." Jungkook spoke as he tried to walk but couldn't as Jhope helped him. He walked to the door of his room to find his brothers sitting anxiously, they looked at him but none of them came to help him or said a word and neither they stopped him from going inside.

Jhope brows furrowed at their behaviour, but he didn't say anything. Jungkook moves towards the door and Jhope helped him in.

"I'm fine, leave Jhope." He spoke calmly. Jhope gave a concerned look to him and without glancing at Taehyung, he left the room after closing the door behind.