Chapter IV - Burn

Novi Grad, Sokovia, 2015 — Ultron Attack

Victor Faust POV

Everything turned into complete chaos. All the Avengers and Victor stood in a circle and protected the device. Broken pieces of bots were flying everywhere. Victor's mind shut down, which was a good thing because otherwise, he might just crumble under the pressure and panic. Due to how close everyone was, Faust limited himself to small bolts of magic. He throws blue flames left and right and looks with satisfaction at the burned robots. Pietro was everywhere and nowhere at the same time; Victor did not ever try to keep an eye on him. Right next to him, Wanda mimicked his actions, and soon red and blue lights illuminated the church. Wanda stopped and placed three bots in place, encasing them in red energy. Victor clapped his hands and conjured a sword that cut robots in half. 

From the corner of his eye, Victor noticed Ultron getting thrown away with Iron Man, Thor, and a red-skinned person following close behind. Since the situation in the church was under control, he went outside and saw Ultron getting fried by the trio. Despite lighting and lasers, Ultron stubbornly tried to stand up. Victor, fueled by today's events, gathered magic in his hands. His deep blue magic started to shake his body. Biting down on the burning feeling, he reformed the spell and added lighting to the fire. He throws the spell, and the resulting explosion shoves the broken Ultron far away.

"Nice one, kid!" Iron Man gave him a thumbs up. "Good to see you can do more than those creepy bugs."

Victor ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath. This day was far too long. Now that the situation was calmer, Victor noticed a huge power emanating from the red person. He did not have a chance to inspect as the red one spoke.

"I will deal with any strugglers." His voice was calm, even cold. Without waiting for a reply, he silently rushed through the air. Now that it was quieter, Victor had a chance to truly observe the Avengers. They were all bruised and sweaty, but there was this air about them. They really were bigger than life. Which made him more self-conscious. He looked at his dirty and ravaged clothes. His black pants turned gray, his denim jacket got covered with chunks of concrete, and he spotted a big hole he somehow dug. This day was getting longer and longer. The rest of the team came from the church. Captain America addressed Victor.

"I'm not sure how you got here, but we are all glad for your help." He offered him a hand. "My name is Steve Rogers." Victor took his hand and introduced himself properly to everyone. "I know you've been protecting people even before we came here.

"And punching Ultron." Added Stark.

"And punching Ultron, yes. You did good, son."

It was weird to hear the word son from a more friendly mouth. Victor looked around the devastated city. This could barely be called a city anymore. How are people supposed to rebuild their lives here? People like Mister Pavel will not even live long enough to see it.

"Not good enough."

"It's never enough, kid, but it's not about being good enough. It's about doing everything in your power. Not running or hiding. Trust me, if you keep thinking like that, you will only end up hurting yourself." He patted Victor's arm and introduced him to the rest of the team, except Hulk, who rushed ahead, hoping to get the remaining bots. Steve quickly gave them orders. Natasha Romanoff went to subdue the Hulk, and they needed to make sure there were absolutely no survivors.

"We still need to protect the core." Captain pointed out.

"I will do it." Hearing Wanda volunteering, Pietro rushed to her, clearly not happy about it.

"You will come pick me up once everyone is safe." Pietro sight. "Do you understand?"

"I will stay with her." Victor said to Pietro. "She won't be alone." The silver-headed man placed his hands on his shoulders and looked dead in his eyes.