Chapter XXIII - Girl from the Mirror

February 17th, 2019

Victor Faust POV

The calm waves, the warm golden rain from the clear sky, and the soft grains underneath. But above all, there is the sweet vanilla scent that coils around him like the gentlest of hugs.

Yes. This is Haven.

"How did you know about this place?" Her sweet voice, with a gentle rasp, was light. Chirpy even.

"Grandmother mentioned it. She promised to take me here one day." Without opening his eyes, Victor played with the hot sand. "She never got the time."

The most perfect lips have gently met his jawline. His skin felt so alive when she slowly edged closer to his lips.

"It's so beautiful here, Victor."

Faust felt pressure on his hips and delicate hands moving through his torso. Her fingers played with the hair on his chest. Victor opened his eyes and saw Wanda Maximoff. Her gorgeous smile showed a set of cute, perfectly white teeth. She was wearing a beautiful black summer dress with a slit on the side. Her hips started to move slowly. Everything inside him felt so alive. His hands moved to her slender and smooth legs.

"On that, we agree." Victor gazed into her green, doe-like eyes as his hands grabbed her waist. He pulled her into a passionate kiss. Wanda giggled inside his mouth as their tongues tried to dominate each other. His hand moved to her thick, dark hair and gripped it. Wanda moaned and rocked her hips faster.

"God. I need you, Wanda. I need you so much."

"I know."

The world turned cold and silent. The golden rain ceased pouring as the sky's closed with a wall of Black clouds. Victor opened his eyes and saw Wanda sitting in front of him. Her face mirrored the world around them.

"You know she would never want you to suffer like that?" 'Wanda' said.

"I didn't ask for your opinion." Victor growled as the pain in his chest grew again.

"Please, you need to see the reason, Victor. You are one step away from becoming like Edmund."

The piercing pain in his heart grew. He stood up while clutching his chest.

"That's enough. I'm nothing like my father, and you know that! WE know that!"

"Not exactly, like him." She stood up and calmly dusted away the white sand from her summer dress. "The only difference is that you are hurting yourself rather than others. Victor, you are hurting the person she cared about the most."

"Stop. Just stop." Tears kept dripping from his cheeks. Undeterred, 'Wanda' stepped closer and hugged him. Victor latched onto her, starving, craving, and needing.

He was drowning.

"Victor, remember what you told her? Grief is just loving through tears." She kissed his head. The charm was gone. Those lips felt nothing like Wanda's. "Let yourself grieve. You are killing us."

His heart felt like it was about to explode. The scorching inferno in his chest refused to let go. Finally, the world started to crack. Spider webs of ripples appeared on the sky and ground. Everything was ripped apart in the silent scream of grief.

He jumped, struggling to catch his breath. A violent cough burned through his throat. The stale, chocking smell of dust and alcohol squeezed his throat. As he tried to stand up, he kicked several empty bottles that littered his bed and the nightstand. He didn't even hear breaking glass as he continued to struggle for breath. After a few agonizing minutes, the pain subsided. Barely. Victor stood up on shaking legs. Taught by previous weeks, he now sleeps with his boots on. The glass cracked under his feet as he slowly moved through the dingy room. In his hand, he clutched a long, silver pine needle.