Chapter VIII - Merlin, Part 1

Avengers Headquarters, three weeks later

Wanda Maximoff's POV

"All right, Wanda, the key to controlling magic really comes down to will."

"Victor, are you sure this will help me?"

"Why shouldn't it be? I know we should have started sooner, but life here is just so crazy."

"No, I don't mean that. I mean, I can't do magic."

"Of course you can, Miss Scarlet Witch."

"You are joking, right? It's simply a nickname."

"Hardly. You are using magic, Wanda. I can't say what type of magic it is or what its source is since I am not that knowledgeable, but this is magic. I mean, you must have noticed how my magic is drawn to you." Wanda blushed and then whispered, looking at her ringed fingers.

"I can do magic."

"Indeed, you can, and lucky for you, your friend over here is very eager to show you everything he can."

"I really appreciate this friend of mine... I hope I get to repay him one day." Wanda felt herself biting her lips and looking into Victor's gray eyes.

"All right, we will start with the basics. I need you to close your eyes, Wanda." She immediately did so. "Now gather a small portion of your magic in your hands, just like you normally do. As you do, I want you to think about the layout of your room. Remember where everything is and paint it in your mind."

She did just that. It was easy to hold her powers, or, should she say, her magic like that. However, it was more difficult to think about her room when she felt Victor so close. Recently, she noticed that he always smelled like a forest, which is supposedly the result of the new plants he grew.

"Now, Wanda, I want you to raise the cup that's on the table, but keep your eyes closed."

It felt slightly weird not to use her eyes, but she did as asked. Soon after, there were several items, both large and small, floating around the room. Wanda started to feel a strain on her body as a small drop of sweat moved from her forehead.

"Maintain your focus on all these objects, Wanda. No matter what happens, you are in control." Victor whispered. Something inside Wanda stirred with him being so close and her having her eyes closed. She started to feel gentle tugs on the air, some crackling, and flashes of light on her face, but she remained concentrated. She then felt her hair being tugged under her ear, and her focus wavered.

"You had something there."

"Mmmm..."

Suddenly, water splashed her face. Shrieking, she opened her eyes. Everything her powers raised in the air dropped. Victor had a massive grin on his face and an empty glass in his hand.

"Ha! Got you."

"Oh, now you've done it!" Wanda lunged at him and tackled him to the bed. They started to roll around, giggling and laughing, until Victor dropped to the ground with Wanda on top of him. Small drops of water were dripping on his handsome face. 

Victor was attractive. Wanda deduced that much when she stayed by his side when he was unconscious. With his high cheekbones, small nose, and black hair—not to mention his wonderful personality—Wanda placed her hand on his warm cheek. Victor was constantly warm. He always felt so alive and human. She felt his hands on her thighs, and a shiver rocked her body. Maybe wearing a skirt today was a better idea than she thought. She felt her body leaning closer and closer to his face. 

His magic flowed into her. This was another thing with Victor. With him by her side, she always feels calm. Her magic seemed to need him just as much as she did. As they got closer and closer, they saw someone clearing their throat. Wanda jumped from Victor and tried to fix her hair and clothes. She glares at Vision, who just phased through the wall like it was nothing.