Chapter XIV - Nightmare, Part 2

Victor Faust POV

Victor didn't know for how long he screamed, but eventually, his throat gave in. He slowly crawled, all while Possessed Wanda, or Nightmare, stood by and laughed. He could barely see anything due to the tears that were pouring against his will.

"Sorceresses, mutants, gods—you all break the same way." She giggled crackly. "And I get to enjoy all your fears and torments. You all feed me so well!"

Victor finally crawled to his shrubs and grabbed a handful of Matilda's leaves. He chewed on them frantically. The pain in his arm started to lessen, as did the general feeling in his entire body. On his fourth attempt, he stood up. By waving his healthy left hand, he sprouts vines from the ground that put his limp, broken arm into an improvised sling. His body twitched every few seconds, even with the numbed nerves.

"I must consider myself lucky. Your father was foolish enough to not break my connection to this world. I cannot wait to get out of here. You humans keep tormenting yourself with so much fear and pain, it's like you want to try to do my work for me." A vile, crackling laugh erupted through Wanda's gritted teeth. It broke Victor's heart to see his witch like this. "Take her, for example." He made Wanda move her hands through her cheeks and neck. Victor took a step forward.

"Stop. That. Now." Victor's eyes glowed a violent blue.

"She has a mountain of guilt and trauma, Victor. One of which has been about hurting you." He released another foul laugh. "The way she screams inside would make your ears bleed."

"You will be the one screaming." Rage burned inside him like an inferno. If that thing wasn't possessing Wanda, he would obliterate it. He slowly started to drag his legs closer to the house.

"Oh, I already am." Apparently, he wanted to laugh again, but Wanda's mouth clenched shut. Her arms twitched violently up and down. For a second, she closed her eyes, and Nightmare's wide smile dropped. Her polished fingernails dig and claw at her face.

"You will protect her, Victor. Promise me." It felt like Pietro had just screamed in his mind.

"Wanda, I know you are there fighting. This is just a pathetic little thing. A spineless leach that won't even show itself, so let's break it!" Victor shot his left hand forward and released a stream of thick white bands that took hold of the possessed Wanda. As he closed his fist, the bands glowed blue. Victor steadily started to drain her powers. But he might as well try to drain a river with a spoon. Wanda's head shook. Her long, dark hair covered her face, still riddled with her nails.

"Stupid girl, stop resisting!" Victor continued to drain her powers.

"Fight Wanda! Are you going to let that thing control your body?" He did his best to intensify the spell. The blue light radiated throughout the garden.

A loud, high-pitched scream of pain and frustration traveled the air. Wanda dropped to her knees. Victor, while maintaining his spell, rushed towards her. He slid onto the grassy field and kneeled before her.

"Wanda, please come back to me. Please. Remember all of our promises? We still have so much to live through, so come back to me!"

"Fine. Playtime is over." Before he could react, a thick purple mist erupted from Wanda's mouth and immediately entered his nostrils. His nose felt like it was melting, and his eyes closed on their own.

Everything was gone.

When he forced them back open, he saw a white, almost pristine area. The air felt stale and dry, like in a hospital. With his left arm, he pushed himself off the ground. He stood in an empty hallway made of a pearly white floor and walls that stretched almost endlessly.