Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 3

Avengers Compound, an hour, and a half later.

Victor Faust POV

He grabbed her waist and hugged Wanda from behind. Victor planted soft kisses on her exposed neck, feeling her sweet vanilla scent.

"It smells wonderful" He whispered.

"It's not ready yet." Wanda whispered back without turning around. She squeezed his hands.

"But it smells so delicious." Victor continued placing more kisses on her velvet skin. Wanda tilted her head, and their lips met. For a moment, their magics danced around them. It's not possible to describe how it felt to love and kiss someone whose mind was completely and utterly open to you. They shared every sensation and every desire. It was perfect.

"We should bake together more often." Wanda smiled between kisses.

"Definitely." The oven beeped, and the pair pulled out a tray of cookies. The air was hot with the sweet aroma of chocolate and honey. Wanda waved her hand, and the hot air moved out of the cookies. Their blissful time was disturbed by the news on television, detailing not only a terrorist attack in Vienna but also the arrest of Steve and Sam, declaring them criminals and possible accomplices of the Winter Soldier.

"This is horrible." Wanda placed the half-eaten cookie down.

"What were they thinking? With the drama around accords, this will turn into a disaster. We need to do something, Wanda."

"We should try to save them. There must be a good reason for all of this."

"But how? Neither of us know how to fly quinjet." After a few seconds, he added.  "All right, I might have an idea, I just need to make a call." He kissed her lips briefly. "I will be right back."

After leaving the kitchen, he moved outside the headquarters and called Clint.

"Hey Victor, I was about to call you. Please tell me that they are showing a different Steve Rogers than I know."

"They are showing a different Steve that you know." Victor said dryly. Hawkeye groaned loudly. "He needs help. Although Wanda and I don't know how to do that since we are stuck here."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Listen, You and Wanda stay put for a bit more, all right? I will figure this out." There were loud noises of opening doors and packing coming from Clint's side. "How is Wanda holding up? I've heard about Lagos."

"It could be worse."

"Yeah, she could not have you with her."

"Well, that's not really what I meant."

"Sure, sure. All right, Victor, I will keep you posted."

Once Victor went back to the kitchen, he saw Wanda resting her chin on her hand and speaking with Vision, who seemed to be much more invested than her.

"I've been trying to better understand the stone. I believe the more I know, the less likely it is to cause harm. Do you feel similar about your powers, Wanda?"

"I used to think about them in one way, but after meeting Victor" She took his hand as Victor sat next to her at the table. "Now I see myself very differently."

"How did it go?" Wanda asked inside his mind.

"We need to stay put for now. He will get us out of here."

" Please do not take it the wrong way, Victor, but why are you romantically attracted to Wanda?" Wanda covered a snort with her hand. Her green eyes shined with mirth.