Chapter XXX - Time Heist

Avengers Compound, October 15th, 2023

Victor Faust POV

All the remaining Avengers were located in the conference room, now filled to the brim with empty notepads, files regarding past villains, missions, and pretty much everything concerning the Infinity Stones and Thanos.

"Now, pretty much everyone in this room had a run-in with at least one of the Infinity Stones." Steve said, slowly pacing around the room with his arms crossed.

"Which usually meant almost getting killed by it." Added Stark.

"Or using one!" Added Victor with a small smirk, earning a scowl from Bruce.

"Oh, I remember that." He pushed his glasses up with this thick green finger.

"Shouldn't you say 'we' from now on? Do you guys talk to each other? I can give you some pointers on the mind arts." Victor mused.

Meanwhile, Scott Lang was looking at everyone with his eyes almost leaving their sockets.

"Boys. Settle now." Natasha silenced them dryly.

"Anyway, since we've got the means of time travel, we now need to plan on how we will get the stones." Continued Steve.

"We've only got Pym Particles from Scott for one trip. Even I can't make more of them without a crap tone of time and effort. Even if, I'm not sure if they would work." Tony said this while sipping some juice.

"So we pick our targets." Murmured Clint while leaning on the wall.

"And we don't miss." Finished Victor.

"Exactly, but to pull this off, we need to establish everything, and I mean everything, we know about the stones." Steve leaned on the mahogany table. "Since you are so talkative, Victor, why don't you start off with the Time Stone?"

"Fine." He took a pace in the center. Behind him, holograms were already busy with supplying information and pictures of the Time Stone and Stephen Strange. "So the Time Stone has been in the possession of the Sorcerer Supreme since, well, ever. For information that concerns us, the owner of that title before the Strange was The Ancient One."

The picture of the bald woman, clad in bright yellow robes, appeared on the hologram.

"She was the head of the Kamar-Taj, for a very long time."

"What's that?" Asked Scott. Victor seriously started to wonder how his eyes were still in his head.

"It's a school for sorcerers, but that's not relevant now, Scott. Furthermore, there are three sanctums, think like bases of operation for the sorcerers. They are located in London. Hong Kong, and New York." On the mention of New York, Natasha, Tony, Steve, and Bruce visibly perked up. "Those places are always guarded by high-ranking sorcerers."

"You've trained under her, Victor; can you suggest the best time we can approach her?" Asked Natasha, already writing down notes.

"Well, I've only been there for a month, but... Before Strange, she was usually in the New York sanctum. Stephen took her place when she died. She was always very reasonable, if a bit cryptic."

"Wait! This means that in New York, during the Chitauri invasion, there were three Infinity Stones present." Deduced Natasha.

"Well, that's convenient." Stark finished his juice.

"I will get the Time stone." Victor gets their attention back on himself. "I know The Ancient One, and I've got the best chance at convincing her to release that green pebble.."

"And if she won't?" Steve raised an eyebrow.

"I won't give her a choice. If she reacts violently, I'm also the best bet at putting her to sleep." There was an awkward silence in the room, disturbed only by Thor's snoring.