Chapter XI - Civil War, Part 1

Avengers Compound, the next day.

Wanda Maximoff's POV

"Did you pack everything?" Wanda stood in the doorway with crossed arms. Her eyes were fixed on Victor as he meticulously packed his belongings. She couldn't help but feel anxious, since this would be the first time they would separate since finding each other.

"Yes, mommy." Victor smirked at her while closing his bag. Wanda's lips twitched, but the feeling of her insides twisting remained. She came closer, playing with the rings on her fingers.

"I just want to make sure you're prepared for whatever you'll face out there." Victor closed the bag and took her hands in his.

"I know, Wanda. And I appreciate this, but I have everything I ever needed." He placed a long kiss on her hands while looking into her eyes. "Right in front of me."

"You are getting better with your words, darling." Her eyes blinked red, and a warm feeling washed over her as their minds connected. It really can't be described, just how amazing it is to be with someone who can fall in love with you the same way she can. She looked at his hands. The glowing red veins were there as always. "Promise you will come back and that we will stay in touch."

"I promise Wanda."

"Sorry, I know we've talked about this already." Victor kissed her lips briefly.

"And I will promise this as often as you wish, my sweet." Wanda smiled and hugged him, inhaling his aroma, which smelled like a lush forest.

"I will take care of your plants."

"Thank you, remember that Bob loves lots of water."

"Of course, and singing too."

"Yeah, be careful with that, he is used to my screeching. He might go into a shock when he hears someone actually singing." Wanda just smiled and shook her head. "So, Steve mentioned you are still looking for this Rumlow guy?"

"Yes, that's the primary objective." She licked her lips. "Natasha told me she would start to teach me about espionage. I will meet her as soon as you leave."

"Oh? That's great, Wanda. You did great at creating distractions back in Warsaw. I think you will be great."

"Thank you, darling." She smirked. "I suspect it will be a more pleasant experience than what she put you through."

"Ugh, don't get me started. She put bruises on my bones." Victor then moved to his desk and quickly pulled out something, hiding it in his pocket.

"What do you have there?"

"I have something for you, honey." Wanda tilted her head. "Well, since I have these to remember you," Victor waved his arms with glowing red veins. "Which I love, please don't forget that. I thought you might like something to remind you about me." He pulled out from his pocket a gorgeous silver bracelet with silver leaves and tiny sapphires.

"Oh my God, Vic, you didn't have to."

"But I wanted to. May I?" She nodded, feeling her cheeks get warmer. After Victor was done, Wanda grabbed his neck and kissed him deeply.

"I love you." She whispered in his mind.

"And I love you."

Their kiss intensified. Victor gently licked her lips, and with a smile, Wanda opened her mouth. Their tongues danced with each other. Wanda grabbed his neck harder, feeling her leg raise. They were disturbed by a cough.

"Good morning, Mister Faust, Miss Maximoff. I believe it's time for us to go." The Ancient One spoke, hearing their quiet whine.

"Please keep in touch, ok?" Wanda hugged Victor. "And come back soon."