Chapter XIX - Gods and Minds

Steve Roger's POV

As soon as the small blue light in the sky disappeared in leviathans' mouth, he screamed.

"No, no, no, this isn't happening. They can't lose him like that. Wanda is going to kill him." His thoughts moved rapidly as he punched and kicked enemy after enemy. They were getting swarmed. These multiple-limbs dogs and the Chitauri were too much.

"We need Wanda here right now." He thought. As he apologized ever so deeply to Victor, he was trying to turn on his earpiece and call Maximoff on the field. However, the leviathan that swallowed Faust groaned with pain. The bellowing voice pierced through the chaos of battle. Steve looked up and saw the thing being incinerated from the inside out. In the blink of a million blue sparks, it disintegrated entirely, and Victor flew to the ground. Steve immediately rushed to his landing. He used his black Vibranium shields to crush bones, rip limbs left and right just to get to Merlin.

He saw him laying face down in a small crater. His blue cloak, tattered and bloodied. His body slowly twitching as a subtle blue light moved through his limbs.

"Victor!" He got inside the crater and tried to help the younger man.

"I'm alive." He groaned being turned around. Steve released one of his biggest breaths of relief. Victor's skin was pale, almost translucent, but his eyes maintained that deathly blue color.

"You are all right?"

"I'm peachy." Steve chuckled and helped Victor to his feet. Faust snapped his fingers and the entire gore and blood from his clothes disappeared. "I need to go back into the sky."

"Maybe don't let them eat you again?" Victor took a deep breath as his skin gradually gained healthier color.

"Just what he has learned over his time with Wanda?"

"Why? It's great fun. You should try it. This thing has more metal inside than flesh." Their talk was disturbed by a volley of blasts from the Chitauri who were flying on golden chariots. Surrounded, Steve, instinctively tried to shield them; however, Faust created a thin blue aura that covered them and their surroundings. As Victor narrowed his glowing blue eyes, the energy bullets frozen in the air. After a second, with a loud grunt, the blasts gained a deeper blue color and were sent back, killing all the attackers. 

Unfortunately, it did little good. They were immediately swarmed by another wave of dog monsters. They were one second from being torn limb for limb when the earth started to shake. The cacophony of a crash was followed by a something surging through the air surrounded by lighting. It cut through the aliens that attacked them. Once both men stood up, they saw the source of it all. In the center of the field stood Thor, now holding a massive axe with a red cape flowing behind him. Beside him stood... Was this a walking tree and a raccoon?

 Was this a walking tree and a raccoon?

"Oh, thank God." The only thing that mattered what that Thor was here.

With a vicious battle cry, Thor jumped into the air and the sky turned pitch black. As he dropped the axe to the ground, he released a thunder strike so big it created a line of pure goodly power that for a moment separated the defenders from the aliens.