Chapter XIII - Before the Night

Faust manor, two weeks later.

"Stop squirming, boy! You should be grateful. I will fix your mistake!"

His wrist burned, and every time he tried to move, the pain got ever worse. His father pushed his head further into the bed.

"Give me your soul!"

Victor screamed. He tried to jump, to run outside, to do anything, but something stopped him. Gentle but strong arms hold him in place.

"Victor breath. It was just a nightmare." Victor shook his head furiously. "Look at me, darling." He did, and her emerald eyes washed over him, a wave of calm.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, darling. It's all right. It was a bad dream, that's all." She gently caressed his cheek.

"I thought I was past all of this." Victor sight. "Yet here I am screaming like a little boy."

"Do you want me to help?" Wanda asked as her fingers started to wave her scarlet magic. He nodded, and immediately in his mind, the nightmare was gone and replaced by their shared memories. "Everything is good now, my darling, Victor. He can't hurt you or anyone else."

"Thank you." Wanda smiled and kissed his cheek. They spooned, and Wanda continued to pour happy memories into his head. As he drifted back to sleep, he couldn't help but notice the energy in the room felt slightly off once again. Victor's next dream was far more pleasant and colorful.

The next day.

They were sitting in the library, sipping coffee and reading. There were, over a dozen opened books lying around them. Wanda, with a small smile, crossed her legs and slowly waved her feet. So focused on studies, she didn't notice Victor's gaze. Forgetting about his own book, he kept looking at her with a big grin. He was so glad she smiled so much around him. Not just because her smile is adorable, but also because it was a drastic improvement from her glassy eyes and puffy cheeks, he saw so much during their beginnings in the Avengers. Still, maybe he should find a way for them to sneak into the Headquarters? Certainly, she would like to visit Pietro's grave again. Dropping his private thoughts for now, he closed the book and got off the armchair. He came closer to her and dropped to his knees. After placing a series of kisses on her leg, he got her attention.

"Darling?" Wanda looked down at him. The image must be doing something since her cheeks got red.

"I love you." Victor kissed her leg again while looking deeply into her eyes.

"I love you too, darling." Wanda breathed.

"Would you go out for a date with me?"

"A date? When?"

"Now, or when you are ready. I will take us somewhere. We've been working hard past these days, and we deserve a break. Besides, it occurred to me that I haven't taken by gorgeous and pushy girlfriend for a date yet." Wanda giggled.

"Well, living with the Avengers is not good for a romance." She bit her lips. Her legs shifted as she squeezed her thighs hard. "Where will you take me?"

"That's a surprise."

"A surprise, huh? Well, you are literally asking on your knees, I might as well agree." Moved her hand through her hair. "If you promise, we will come back to this."

"I promise." Victor immediately said, and Wanda laughed. She grabbed his chin and raised him up with. She gave him a deep and long kiss, making his body shiver.

"I better get ready then."

Later that day

Wanda Maximoff's POV