Sick

Y/n POV:

Y/n: Let me check your temperature, Ren. Where is it? The thermometer...

I looked here and there his apartment.

Ren: Y/n, it's okay. I'm fine.

Y/n: At least do it for my satisfaction.

In the end, he gave up and pointed towards a cabinet. I slowly made my way. Reaching out my hand with the intention to rummage through it. But..

..Damn it! It's too high.

Then, I felt a prescence lingering behind me. Slowly, my back was pressed, and I could feel his body heat radiating off him. His hand reached out and pulled the thermometer.

Ren: There it is..

I turned back, and our eyes locked gazes. He leaned in to what I thought he was going to do before I grabbed his hand and dragged him straight to bed.

Ren: Aww Y/n you ruined the moment.

Y/n: Shush! ( I placed my hand at his lips) I'll let you do whatever you want when you recover, but now rest.

Ren: Really, whatever I want.

I grabbed his face and placed the thermometer.

Y/n: Yes, yes..

I said in haste. I knew as a child Ren was frail and was often sick. That's why after growing up, he hated it and would mostly act fine even when he was not. Whether physically or mentally. So I tried to coax him. I know he can't refuse me.

I still remember how he was after being heartbroken by Mira in the show. I don't know if I should be happy that in this life he chose me instead of her. But Mira, let me tell you.. you missed a real gem.

Y/n: See, you have a high fever.

I showed him. He raised an eyebrow, signalling, "So?"

Y/n: So mister, you will spend the whole day resting.

Ren: But I'd rather spend this time training with you all than in bed all alone.

Y/n: You have no say in this whether you want it or not. I am your trainer. Think of my words as a command.

Ren scoffed at my comment.

Y/n: What was that I heard, my trainee. Oh! You're not going to be alone in bed.

Ren: Huh?

Y/n: I'll be here. Do you think I would just run out there to train with others.

Ren: But then who's gonna train them.

Y/n: For them, Gorya is enough.

Ren: She can fight?

Y/n: Yep, and I send a very trusted friend of mine as well.

I smirked. I let Kaning and Kavin meet in advance. Thank me, later you all. I'm basically the best matchmaker you will ever see.

Oh! I can't wait to hear how Gorya kicked Thyme's ass this time.

Y/n: Take a nap. I'll make some soup for you.

Third POV:

Ren quietly lay down. 'Let's see how Y/n's cooking goes', he thought amusedly.

He knew he would probably compliment her even if it tasted bad. But he was happy. There was someone who cared about him and was ready to take care of him.
From a young age, his parents couldn't help but neglect him due to work. That's why he hated being sick. Maybe that's all going to change. He smiled.