Chapter 8

It was dark, and I don't know what I was expecting.
Because I thought we were just going to fall right in, but we landed on what seems to be an everlasting slide.
I was on top of Chompers head as we rode through the darkness. I could hear Citrus Cactus screaming, and hear the others groaning as we hit the walls when the slide turns.
I was gripping Chomps spikes tightly and then I could see a light at the bottom of the slide and the figures of Citrus Cactus and Alien Flower hitting the bottom.
Then Chomp and I hit the bottom too, with Kc and Pea right behind us.
We were all scattered on the ground, and still processing the fall.
Kc was rubbing his head, while Pea walked toward a control panel.
"There's no one here," he grunts. "We were protecting nothing."
The base was really empty, and the computers were all off.
"Do you think they died?" Cactus asked, while running her arm over a desk.
I got off of Chomps head and we explored the rest of the facility.
"It seems like they wanted to get rid of all evidence of something," Kc muttered to himself.
"Like what?" Alien Flower cuts in. "What is there to hide from us we're all supposed to be working together?"
"Thats the thing," Kc states. "It seems they just abandoned all hope."
"But Crazy Dave gave us-"
Pea started but Kc cut him off.
"We'll figure this out," Kc stated. "But first we need to find another way out."
"Why?" Chomp asked.
"We're not safe here," I answer. "The zombies can be coming down here in a few."
"Well there's a Backdoor," Alien Flower called, she was standing over to the far left.
"Another slide," Pea tells us. Then we sigh and make our way to Alien Flower.
"I can't believe the humans think slides are fun," Chomps sighed. "It hurts my roots."
"This time we're all going together," Kc states. "Hold on to each other."
I climb on top of Chompers head, and he takes hands with Pea and Alien flower while Alien flower holds onto Cactus and she holds onto Kc who completes the circle by holding onto Pea.
Then we walk into the slide and fall through.
It wasn't even a slide! It was a short cliff, and we all fell on top of each other.
"Thats so pointless," Pea groans. And we get up again and see another Penny.
"Penny's here!" Cactus jumps and she runs towards the car.
But this penny was different, and more sleek with two blue stripes.
"This may be something the other plants were working on," Kc completes.
Then we all climb into the vehicle, and look around at the furniture and buttons.
"This Penny is way more advanced," I mutter.
"It reminds me of my spaceship before I landed here," Alien Flower states. "I can navigate this."
She starts up the vehicle, and Citrus Cactus sits in the back with Chomper. In was in the middle of Penny, while Kc, Alien Flower and Pea were in the front trying to figure out how to drive the RV.
I decided to go through some stuff, like old magazines laying around and the cabinets. There were maps of different places I've never seen before. One was more high tech and advanced, but the other wasn't. What were these maps for? When are they located?
I heard some more crashing noises and I saw lights coming from the tunnel we fell through.
The zombies are coming.
"Guys we need to go!" I scream.
And the three in the front look to their left, as a few browncoats start climbing on top of Penny.
Penny was being shaken and the zombies were trying to break through the glass, but thankfully they could not.
One zombie was in the front, and they seemed to pull a wire, when suddenly a blue portal appeared before us and Alien Flower drive right into it.
The RV kept shaking and the zombies were falling away.
"Time travel?" KC answered.
We all looked around, when the Rv made it out the portal.
"Early 100s," Penny stated robotically, as the car flew over green pastures.
It was so pretty and calm, there were mountains in the background and the sun was rising in the east.
"We're in the past now?" Pea questioned. Completely ignoring the beauty if the world outside.
But there was one problem...
Smoke was coming from the engine and we were crashing.

An: kik group chat= #plantsvszombiesgw
Hope you guys liked the chapter XD