Chapter 23

Later that night, there was a throng of plants leaving through the left gates of the backyard where the suburbs were. It was that party that Torchwood mentioned to me earlier, and I really wanted to go. But Mushroom man was all down my stem, talking about how now was the perfect opportunity to steal Penny.
I took a screw driver and started unscrewing things underneath the car while Mushroom man gave the commands.
"The moon is really pretty tonight." He sighed.
I peered from underneath the car to see, listening to the music and feeling its hollow vibrations all the way in the backyard.
"Why am I doing all of this?" I asked. "KC said you were the best engineer here!"
"Hello." He waved his arm, the one with the gun. "I only have one hand, I can't do any work proficiently. And I am the best, I'm the only one who knows what I'm doing, so I just give the instructions."
I shook my head, and went back to unscrewing the bolts.
Mushroom man would occasionally get in the drivers seat and check if the engine would start, but other than the purring sounds and music thumping, we were completely silent.

Author's Note: Hello everyone, I made a post on my profile about this and I know I've been gone way too long and many of you have probably forgotten about this, but I'm back and this time I want to work on better stories. I'll still be willing to work on my PvZ stories if that's what you all really want but I kind of want to move on and do something different. If I do continue with PvZ I was thinking it would be best to completely rewrite this story so that it's better than it was 2 years ago. I never had a solid goal for this and I just wrote this because I love PvZ and I still do. I hope you all understand, I just want to tell better stories and have some diversity in my writing so I can do more than write PvZ here. This was also the last chapter I worked on before I went on hiatus, it sucks I know but I had to come back and let you all know what happened. I feel like my writing has drastically improved since college, and I graduate this December. Anyway, I'm back so please forgive me. I also want to update my profile and make it more accurate to who I am now. I read your comments and messages and I am touched by your love and support and I think you all deserve so much better than what I've given you.

Marc