Chapter 11

Citrus Cactus just sat around inside the van, while I walked in.
If anyone is going to die, at least let it be Citrus Cactus.
The words echoed through my head, and I realized how rude and... just rude I am.
Citrus Cactus doesn't deserve to die, especially as much as she went through.
She lost her sister,  and I  need to be as supportive as possible.
But when I went up to her, she just turned away from me and continued humming a tune I wasnt familiar with.
It's like she read my mind, but I'm sure she didn't but it still makes me paranoid that she gave me the cold shoulder.
I sat in the front looking at buttons while everyone was outside looking at the engine.
And then I caught myself staring at Chomper,  and I didn't realize until he was staring back at me but I didn't even notice that.
What I did notice was Rose standing behind him making gestures and faces at me basically telling me to "get it" and that's when I notice Chomp was smiling and staring at me as well.
I'm just a mess.
I get outside the van and meet the others in the front.
"What's happening?" I ask.
"We're making progress." Alien Flower and KC say in unison, then I get a glimpse if Alien Flower Smiling at KC but she straightens her face.
"At this rate," KC starts, wiping his hands together. "Penny can start flying by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."
"But what do we do in the meantime?" Chomp asked.
"Look for food," Pea commands. "Or any signs of other plants that can help us."
"Or," I begin. "We can stay here with Penny and stay safe."
I nod at Chomp.
"But I'm hungry," he pouted. "I really need to eat something."
"Then we'll look for food," Pea states. "Lets split up. Those who want food go with Chomp and some will go with me to find help while...  Citrus Cactus stays here with Penny."
Citrus Cactuses head poked out from the window when we looked, but she quickly disappeared when our attention was pointed at her.
"But someone has to stay with Citrus to help her." I say.
"Then you stay," Pea said.
"But no," I mutter. While everyone starts dispersing.
KC was walking to the right with Alien Flower and Pea, while Chomp and Rose were heading down to the left.
I won't let Chomp be alone, with another female and without a healer.
I run back inside Penny.
"Hey," I greet hastily at Citrus Cactus. "I'm going with Chomp and Rose you'll be fine by yourself right?"
Citrus Cactus still didn't face me but she nodded her head.
I was ecstatic as I closed the door, and ran after Rose and Chomp.
"Hey guys," I greet, while putting my heal beam on Chomp.
Rose smiled at me and greeted but Chomp was silent.
"I know a great place for us to get food," Rose looked at Chomp. "I HOPE YOU LIKE GOATS!"
We walked for a few minutes, and then stopped at a lake.
Open fields, and the sky was getting darker.
"We should-"
"Look a goat!" Chomp screamed, then he burrowed away from Rose and I and swallowed the goat whole.
He did that for a  while, while Rose and I just rooted ourselves into the ground and sucked up the nutrients from the earth.
"Wow nutrients taste better here than from our time period." I answer meekly.
"Looks like I'm going to be missing something else about this place then." Rose sighed. "I'm leaving behind my family, my home, my friends."
"I'm sorry," I emphasize. "But we're your friends so you won't be alone."
"I know," Rose smiled. "Its a part of my destiny so I have to be ok with it anyway."
We sat there together for what seemed like forever laughing anfld giggling until Chomp was full and came back to us.
Then we headed back to Penny.
I felt relieved too to know that Chomp was alright and we were all safe.
But then we met everyone back at Penny.
KC was working on Penny some more while everyone else was inside.
They had their share of nutrients and then Chomp went inside to lay down.
Pea looked pretty testy, when we came back late but he remained calm, while Alien Flower was hitting the brakes.
"How's everything now?" I ask.
"Same as earlier," Alien Flower answered. "But no new progress. Hey do you wanna sit on the rooftop tonight, I really need someone to talk to."
"Sure," I answer.
Alien Flower hands the wheel over to Pea and then we walk outside and sit on top if the roof.
"Whats happening?" I ask, partially disturbed that she wanted to talk to me alone.
"Just thinking about things," she answered. "I understand why you want to protect Chomp so much... these emotions are so strong."
Then I remember back to her smiling at KC and look down at him while he works on the engine.
If we're not getting anywhere I don't think he should be working on the engine.
"I want to protect Kc," she smiles at me. "And I want you to help me in case I'm not around."
"Of course I will." I answer.
Then she hugs me.

AN: kik group chat: plantsvszombiesgw
Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter XD