FJ 3

Justice awoke around five in the morning to the sound of a heavy snoring emanating from the person next to him. He scowled and scratched his head, turning to face the sleeping Javier.

With a morning coffee in hand, Samuel said, "Alas dos na 'yan dumating," at the window. "He barely made it to bed. Nakita ko sa couch na naman matutulog, kaya hinatak ko na dito," he continued.

Justice questioned Samuel, rubbing his eyes and continuing to yawn, "You're up early. Where did you sleep then?"

Samuel addressed Justice directly and said, "I did not sleep, Just. I can't. I can't stay still, knowing you're not okay with me. What's really going on?"

Justice was again caught off guard. He's considering sidestepping the subject, but facing it is the right choice. "Ice and I had a coffee date yesterday, right?" Samuel nodded, paying close attention. "He told me things I needed to know," Justice added.

Justice remarked, "I needed to know, but I don't want to." Samuel's eyes squinted in confusion. "He turned me down even before I told him how I felt," he stated.

Samuel came up to Justice and patted his back, asking again, "Are you okay?" Justice leaned on Well's shoulder and shook his head.

Justice opted to be open and honest with his best friend, saying, "He likes someone else. You. And seeing it with my own eyes last night made me realize I am in no position to become a hindrance for the both of you."

"So, I have decided. On this day forward, I'm letting my childhood and present crush go." Justice smiled downward, hugging Sam tight. "I value you more than him," he added.

"O to the M to the G! What the hell are you talking about? We don't even know each other, Justice. Paano magkakagusto sakin?" Well responded, unamused by what's happening.

"You know, he told me he likes someone, not me. So sino pa ba? Alangan naman si Javlee," Just said, rolling his eyes.

"Joshkopo! Not you lang, ako na agad? Magnilay-nilay ka nga, Justice! Di mo ako pinatulog for nothing," Samuel responded, still irritated.

"Okay, fine! Pero ayaw mo ba non? Lelet go na ako? Kung hindi ikaw, then I changed my mind," Justice said, making Samuel hold him in his shoulders.

"Saglit! Aber! Oo na, sige na. Ipipilit natin ako na. Tantanan mo lang si Ice. Joshko! Stressed sayo!" For the sake of his friends, Samuel agreed to Justice's ridiculous idea.

"Ang iingay niyo!" Jav exclaimed irritatedly, eyes still shut. Justice and Samuel gave their model friend a room to sleep, then moved into the living room to carry on their conversation.

While giggling over a meme, Justice noticed a ton of notifications from his social media account. "What the hell?"

He saw the amount of followers he had amassed during the night. It was astounding. Only to discover that they were all Flip Carter's supporters. Not only that, but Flip, who repeatedly mentioned his account in his posts last night, was also the source of his notifications.

[Unblock me now, cartj] posted 12:35

[Could someone ask Justice to unblock me?] posted 1:00

[Hey, cartj, wake up and talk to me] posted 1:20

[Meet me for dinner, Justice] posted 2:00

Angrily, Justice cried out, "This kulugo man doesn't know what personal space is!"

"Flip's really smitten with our boy right here!" joked Samuel, clapping his hands in laughter as he noticed the posts.

Justice growled once more, saying, "Shut up, Saint Samuel Ajero!" Hearing his full name from Just was a sign for him to stop bugging his friend. It's that serious.

With a surrendering gesture, Samuel said, "Just decline his invitation then."

At Well's suggestion, Justice had responded with a sneer, "I have a better idea. He likes annoying me? Let's see who's more annoying, me or him."

Samuel raised an eyebrow and said, "Ikaw, for sure," which caused Justice to start tossing pillows again. "Nagtatanong ka tapos pag sasagot mananakit! What injustice is this?" he yelled.

"Ingay niyo pa rin, tropa!" Jav's bedvoice filled Just's living room. "Pa-kape ka naman, Hustisya," he added, wiping his drool.

Samuel approached Jav, who was brushing his hair with his hand, and said, "Rest day mo ba?" Javier gave a nod. "Sakto! May org meeting ako. Stay with Just for a while," he stated.

Justice raised an eyebrow and asked, "Do I look like I need a babysitter?"

"Yes," his friends agreed in unison.

Jav grabbed the spatula as soon as Samuel left them and started preparing their breakfast. Something he would always do when he was by himself with Justice.

Justice, his childhood friend, on the other hand, was still waiting in the living room. When he's not watching series, he edits photos on his laptop. He turned his laptop and face Javier to ask, "Have you read my apology message, Jav?"

"You mean Sam's message?" he replied swiftly as he plated their perfectly cooked sunny-side-up fried eggs.

"You knew?" Justice responded, amused.

Jav snickered to his respond, "We've known each other for the longest time. Ano ka ba? Memorize kita kahit sa kasuluk-sulukan ng pagkatao mo."

Just's phone started buzzing repeatedly during their breakfast because his social media notifications were coming in nonstop. "Si Flip pa rin ba 'yan? Gago talaga," Jav said with a laugh.

Just's expression turned grim at the sound of his name. He stated, "Don't ever mention his name while we're eating. Ang dugyot!"

Jav laughed so hard, after he had calmed down, he asked, "Ano nga? Magdidinner kayo?" to which his friend unexpectedly nodded. He teased, "Simula na ang real life Flipped!"

"Si bobo naman! You know, I'm starting to let my childhood crush go. And he's the perfect panakip butas. Look, he's hulog na hulog," Justice said in response to Jav's teasing.

An evident frown on Jav's face was shown, "That's too much, Just. It's injustice. You're probably digging up your own grave."

"Not another one of my friends, Just," Javier continued.

"Paalala lang, si JC ka, hindi ka KJ," Justice retorted. Turning the conversation away, he continued, "Oo nga pala, I was editing some of our photos earlier. Wanna see it?"

He had just reached for his laptop when his eye was drawn to another notification. It was another one of Flip's messages, but from a different account.

[Had to make another account to tell you some important things]

[Flip nga pala]

[Unblock mo na kasi ako]

[Sends location]

[Anyway, try to stand me up later and I'll tell everyone about your long, sweet apology message XOXO]

Justice blurted out, "Are you blackmailing me? And who the fck still uses XOXO?"

Javier quipped, "You guys are making me laugh! Just a reminder, Flip gets what Flip wants," and then he sipped his coffee. "So, back to the photos you were editing. What is it about?"

Justice followed through with a "like" emoji after unblocking Flip's main account and then returned to the dining area, where Jav is still seated.

Facing Jav, he set his laptop down on the table. He said, "Here, some of our wedding photos."