FJ 5

Seeking attire for their dinner date, Philip enthusiastically opened his closet. He is eagerly anticipating this day; in fact, he didn't sleep at all the previous night, waiting for Justice's answer.

Declaring, "This is it, pansit!" he reached for his recently brought suit.

Surprised to find his father waiting for him at the door, he said, "What the heck, pa? You startled me."

His father, Kent, enquired, "You're meeting with someone?" In reply, he nodded and gave a cheerful whistle. "Get home early. Your uncle Noah wants you to meet his daughter."

"Another arranged shits?" Philip scowled, stating that they had been going through this once in a while for the past year. The friends of his dad are attempting to set him up with their daughters and nieces.

"It's for your own good, bading," his father replied, making him chuckle.

"As if you're straight, pa," he replied. He gave his father a quick embrace and said, "Fine, just let me enjoy my last year of freedom, okay?"

"Pa, I love you," Flip continued.

"Kadiri, Felipe III," his father mockingly replied, calling him by his supposed name.

He laughed and remarked, "Salamat sa josh, naligtas ako sa pagiging Felipe," before Kent departed.

Flip lay on his bed and scrolled through his phone after taking a shower. Particularly, on Justice's social media.

Surprisingly, after exchanging messages, he and Justice got along so well. They have also been exchanging throwback pictures with one another.

Giggles here and there, Flip couldn't do much but admire Justice's visuals.

"Thanks, Diab! May tropa kang mukhang paa—paasa," he said to Javier on the other line.

"Tanga, dre! Sino?" Jav asked, sounding confused.

Isaac laughed over the other end of the line. "So, that explains why paa," he stated.

"Pogi kasi, mukhang paaasahin lang ako nito," Flip stated, making Isaac's laugh even more audible.

Still clueless, Jav asked Flip, "Gago, dre. Sino nagpaasa sayo?"

"You know what, Philip? Talk to Diablo. I'm out of here," Isaac replied. He said, "Sinumpong na naman. Tapusin ko na lang 'tong banner," and hung up.

"Oy dre! Sinasabi niyo diyan? Choppy!" Diab once more asked. "Ay potanginers!" Philip was confused as to why Diab suddenly cursed.

He heard Diablo yell to Justice over the other end of the line, "Hustisya! Wag ka muna mag-YT! Bagal ng net mo, bulok!" He went on, angrily, "Aba! Namakyu pa!"

"Hello, dre? Sensya na. Ano nga ulit sabi mo? Oh san si Ice?" Diab said to their call. Philip laughed at the commotion. If life with Justice were like this, count me in.

"Umalis na, Diab. Tatapusin daw 'yong banner. Para san ba 'yon? Ba't nagmamadali?" Philip asked him.

Jav answered, "Ah, oo para makahabol—" but stopped mid-sentence after realizing that he shouldn't let Flip know about them joining the dinner. "Sa deadline," he continued.

Once more, Flip asked, "Deadline for what?"

"He joined some org ata, need na 'yong banner ASAP," Jav responded. Trying to duck more of Flip's questions, he exclaimed, "Got to go, dre! I'll prepare snacks pa ng mga kulugo kong tropa!"

"Aight! Sarapan mo, dre, para sa baby ko diyan," he replied and ended the call.

After a while, Jav was all dressed up and ready to be the fifth wheel for their dinner date.

Justice, on the other hand, asked his friend for assistance, saying, "Samuel, help me pick which shoe suits my outfit."

Samuel, though, is also preoccupied with looking good—perhaps for Isaac. Javier is currently waiting for his two friends at the front door. He cried out, "Ang tagal niyo, tropapips!"

As the two sprinted to get to Javier's car, Jav saw how heavy Samuel's hands were. Jav asked, "What are those?"

With a sheepish grin, Samuel replied, "Reviewers namin ni Just. May mock boards kasi tomorrow," to which Justice nodded, concurring that it was the correct thing to do.

Without any choice, Jav said, "Sige na. Get in."

They got to the restaurant that Flip had made reservations for. They could hear the soothing sound of the ocean waves since it was close to the coast. And there, inside, is Philip, who's waiting for his date.

"Mauna ka na," Samuel instructed his friend to approach Flip. He called Justice out to Javier, saying, "Si hiya na naman oh!"

"Oo na, oo na!" Justice said as he stepped in. But he met Isaac before he even got to their table.

Isaac merely gave Justice an uneasy nod in greeting.

Justice exclaimed, "Ice! Akala ko hahabol ka na lang?" but Isaac just shrugged.

Philip saw Justice at last. "Justice, you look amazing," he said to his date. His eyes met Isaac's and he said, "Oh, Isaac?"

"Bro!" Isaac greeted him with a brotherly hug. "Where're Samuel and Javier?" Ice asked.

With squinted eyes, Flip said, "Ha? What do you mean?" He turned to give Justice a bewildered glare.

With a nervous smile, Justice said, "I invited them. If it's okay with you."

Justice motioned to his friends to follow. While Javier walks calmly, Samuel tries to maintain his composure by holding and reading his reviewers. And all of them exchanged greetings.

"Dre, sa kabilang table na lang kami. Date lang kayo diyan ni Hustisya," Javier told Flip. "Chaperone lang talaga ako dito, ikaw at si Just, si Ice at si Well," he added.

Isaac cut in, "I actually came for Justice."

With wide eyes, they all looked at Ice, not quite believing what he had just said. Everyone is waiting on Isaac to provide clarification.

"There are things we need to talk about. I thought you invited me for that matter," Isaac said, making Samuel feel a sudden freeze of disbelief as the reality of the situation sank in. The latter had another expectation.

Justice looked up at Samuel. But Sam assured him, "All goods. Don't worry about me."

Flip noticed the change in the atmosphere around them. He looked at Well, and it surprised him, "Ngayon lang kita natitigan up close. Saint?"

Samuel cast a further startled glance at Flip and said, "Why in the world didn't I realize sooner? Thirdy?"

Philip pulled Samuel into a tight hug, as if trying to squeeze out all the longing with his strong arms. The room fell into stunned silence as the shocking revelation hung in the air.

"Guys! Kababata ko," Samuel broke the silence, still amused. "Gosh, Thirdy! Fifteen long years!" he exclaimed, sounding incredibly amazed.

"Laki mo na, Saint! Batak na rin ang biceps," Flip grinned. "Okay na, guys. Magsalo-salo na tayong lahat," he announced.

"About that. Let me have this dinner with Ice," Justice replied, casting his gaze directly at Flip.

"Yare," Javier said.