FJ 29

Gasping, hoping to reach Justice, he declared, "Cause I asked them not to."

After taking a deep breath, he sat down and remarked, "Papa told me you're here."

Still not uttering a word, Justice remained fixated on his old lover. Conversely, Javier walked up to him and greeted him, saying, "Good to see you, Flip."

Jav remarked, "Hustisya, I'll be with Athena. Wag mo akong hanapin tonight," and he departed from the two.

Justice asked him, "Why are you here? I thought ayaw mong makita dad mo?"

"I have no idea," Flip answered. "I wasn't supposed to see you, but God knows how much I missed you."

"Sorry for not being around when sir Felipe—" he was cut off.

"Not that I'll let you. By that point, you were struggling to care for Diab and complete your clinical clerkship. I was aware of what was going on with Jav every September, Just," Flip explained.

"He needed you more than I do. Besides, it was because of you that papa and I were able to spend dad's final years together. That's more than enough for us," he added.

"He left happy and content. Do you know his last wish?" Flip said, making Justice shake his head in response. "To be buried here in the city, away from home, so we won't always think about him."

Justice gave a downward smile and said, "Neighbors na sila ni kuya."

Flip moved over to sit beside Just and inquired, "How are you and your family?" He noticed that Just was unable to respond to his query. He said, "I understand. Sorry ang FC ko."

Justice chuckled, and he said, "Nobody had asked me that for a long time." He sighed and smiled before saying, "The thing is, I only have diko, and yet it still feels like I have no one. I know he's just busy with the company, but sometimes I wish I had someone."

"You have someone, Justice. Nahihiya lang sila sayo kasi unlike them, you're strong and kinakaya mo nang mag-isa," Flip responded.

Justice was not entirely sure of what he meant by that. He shot Flip a curious glance, making Flip continued, "Did you know why Kodi somehow distanced himself?"

Justice answered, "He's busy running the company. Alone."

"Tama ka naman. Though, there's more to it than that. Kodi has been so preoccupied and overwhelmed with managing the business that he has been forced to put you at a distance in order to prevent you from helping him and give up your dreams in return."

With narrowed eyes, Justice asked, "How'd you know about it?"

Flip responded, "Kodi told me years ago," alluding to his lolo's funeral date. "He asked me to stay by your side, and I wasn't able to fulfill it. I really regret not being there for you, Just."

Justice quieted him and replied, "There's no need for an apology. I should be the one to apologize. I gave you the impression that it was your fault that I was unable to see Lolo's final moments. I had no idea you had such feelings. I assumed you were just upset over what you had discovered at the time. But I want you to know that I don't regret coming to see sir Felipe that evening."

He continued, "You look better with freedom."

Flip bit his bottom lip, trying to hold back his tears. He replied, "It's never your fault. I just know you deserve someone better."

Justice questioned, "Do you mean Javier?"

Flip grinned glumly and shook his head slowly. He stated, "Me, a better version. So I cut ties with you in order to focus on improving myself."

Justice scowled, not fond of the thought of distance, "Why is everyone distancing themselves from me and for me?"

"We're sorry, Justice. I know I was wrong for doing that. Take all your ire at me, but spare Kodi," Flip said, holding his hand.

Justice inquired, his eyes getting teary. "Why?"

"He's not just doing this for you. He's also doing it for your kuya," Flip said. He went on, "Did you know kuya Cartel's last wish? He begged your parents to give you the freedom to pursue your dreams."

"He died resenting your parents because they are forcing you to pursue business. It's the least Kodi could do for the both of you."

"And I am now here to help Kodi fulfill your kuya's wish. Kaya you don't have to think about anything else; focus ka lang sa medschool. Makakapaghintay naman ako."

Justice was already sobbing as Philip poured out all the information he had discovered about Justice and his family. He remained listening to him.

Flip kept going, "Your parents love you, Just. Nahihiya lang sila that they're not much help to you. Pero they care for you. Did you know how I found out about your favorite foods?"

"You asked Jav," Justice answered.

"No, I didn't ask anyone. Your parents were calling to check on you and make sure you were eating properly, kasi hindi ka raw marunong magluto," Flip stated with a little chuckle.

"Why are they contacting you? Why not just ask Javier instead?" Just inquired.

"Nahihiya na sila kasi si Jav ang umako sa mga responsibility nila sayo. Jav has been a parent to you more than them. Hindi sila galit sayo for choosing another path; galit sila sa sarili nila for not being the parent you needed," Flip replied, making Just sob even more.

"That day, they lost more than just your kuya—they lost you as well. And they don't know how to make it up to the both of you. Kaya kahit sa maliit na paraan, they want to take care of you. I'll tell you everything you need to know pag ready na lahat," he added.

Justice questioned, "Ready from what? Hindi ka pa rin ba handa?"

"Babalik ka na ba?" Flip returned the question.

"In a few months," Justice replied.

"I'll be ready by then, Justice."

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Author's notes:

And just like that, we are down to the last three chapters of Flipped Justice.

Remain relaxed and relish the remaining journey of our very own Philip and Justice.

Thank you all for joining them this far. You can send me some insights on how you would like FJ to end.

Malay natin, totohanin ko.