FJ 11

Ignoring Justice's growls from the shotgun seat, Isaac continued driving. The younger asked angrily, stressing his final word, "Where the heck are you taking me, kuya?"

"Tumahimik ka lang. May bibisitahin tayo," Ice replied.

"Pinapaandaran mo na naman ako. Anong date sinabi mo kanina?" Justice responded, still irritated.

"Shut up, hindi ikaw ka-date ko," he stated. "We're here. Get down," he added.

Justice roamed his eyes around; he felt odd as they walked into an old mansion. It appeared as though no one was residing there based on its façade. His anxiety subsided as soon as they entered because he noticed a large portrait of a familiar face.

A woman came up to them and said, "Sir Nase, nandito na po pala kayo. Si sir Cullen po?" She asked, "Siya po ba si sir Cartel?"

"Hello po, Justice na lang po," Justice grinned broadly.

"Ang pogi mo rin po pala, sir Cartel," she replied. "Hinihintay na po kayo ni ma'am, sirs," the lady said.

The two walked past the living room and went out to the garden. Justice swept his gaze around again and felt serene there.

He heard Isaac, most likely speaking to his date, say, "We're here. Sorry for keeping you waiting." However, as he turned around, he saw no one but Ice.

"Kausap mo diyan?" he said as he approached. He peered around Ice's side and was shocked to see someone's tomb.

"Athena?!"

Ice responded, "Athena."

Justice was absolutely stunned and was unable to utter a word. A tear trickled down his cheeks as he kept his gaze fixated on her name at the tomb.

Ice sat down on the lawn and lit a candle for Athena, saying, "Cullen couldn't come today, but I have here his partner. Did we surprise you?"

"Sana. Kasi ako sobra mong nasurprise, ate Athena," Justice stated, weeping in sorrow.

Isaac assisted Justice, who almost passed out. Ice put his hands on his shoulder, saying, "Okay ka lang? Sorry, nabigla ka namin. Though we can't seem to find the right time, Javier and I really wanted to tell you about her."

Justice asked, "Kailan pa?" in between sobs.

Isaac responded, continuing to assist Justice, "Today is her second anniversary."

Justice asked, "Si Jav? Hindi ba siya dadalaw?" while still in tears.

"Whenever possible, he comes here on Saturdays, except on her death anniversary. It pained him so much, he can't visit her on days like this," Isaac said.

"Dito ba siya pumupunta tuwing hindi siya nakakasama sa amin ni Well?" Justice asked.

In response, Isaac gave a nod. Justice noticed the dried roses by her grave. "Red roses?"

"Athena's favorite," stated Isaac.

"Jav's sole tattoo," said Justice. Justice sobbed even louder, "He loved her more than anything in the world. Bakit siya pumayag sa kasal?"

"He loved her so much, he wanted to fulfill all her wishes. Seeing him wed a person dear to his heart is one of those," Isaac answered.

"You. He loved you dearly as a friend. And by that time, you needed him as well. He took any opportunity he had to see her happy," he continued.

"Why do you know all of these?" Justice cried out.

"They're my best friends. I know Jav is married, but he didn't tell me it's you. But I have my ways of finding it out," he replied.

"Athena actually left me a mission—to look for you and give you this," Isaac said, handing him a letter.

"To Cullen's partner..."

"Read it when you're ready, Justice," Isaac stated, giving him a pat on the back before he stood up.

"I can't just yet," Justice said while grasping Ice's lower hem. "I'm not Jav's partner. We should give this to someone who's going to spend a lifetime with him," he stated, staring at Ice.

Isaac nodded and helped him stand up. "But keep it for now," he told him.

"Does Jav know that I'm here?" Justice asked.

Isaac nodded, saying, "He wanted you to cease putting the blame on yourself that they didn't end up together. Javier is letting you know that he was able to witness his Ligaya's true happiness before she goes because of you."

"Ligaya?"

"Ligaya ng aking mundo," Isaac continued.

Justice's eyes started to well up with tears again. He heard Ice say, "We wrote it for Athena," and his tears fell down.

"Bakit walang nakaalam na she's already gone?" Justice asked.

Isaac questioned him seriously, "Have you heard of the practice of fulfilling three wishes before passing away in order to ensure a wonderful afterlife?"

Justice shook his head. "Ako rin," Isaac replied, chuckling.

"Bwisit ka," Justice said, giving him a little shove.

"Athena had three wishes: one was for Cullen to marry, and the other was for her passing to be kept private," Isaac explained.

Justice exclaimed in a panic, "Hala! Baka magalit si ate Athena kasi sinabi mo 'yong secret sakin!"

Isaac chuckled, saying, "Ang sabi, private. Hindi naman sinabing secret. Besides, you're not just somebody. You're her lover's partner."

"So, pwede ko rin ba malaman ang cause of death?" he asked curiously.

Ice looked straight at her grave and said, "Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy," with a sorrowful smile.

"She fought hard. Rest in the joyfulness of paradise, ate Athena. You are loved forever," Justice said.

Justice glanced at her letter as they drove home. "Liham," he muttered, and his eyes welled up again.

As he sniffed, Isaac couldn't help but chuckle.

"Gusto mo bang mag-ice cream muna?" he questioned.

"Hindi na," he replied.

"My treat," Isaac continued.

"Hindi na ako tatanggi," Justice said as he wiped his tears.

Isaac phoned Javier while they were enjoying their ice cream. "We're done. We're about to head home," he said.

"Hello, dre? Pasalubong daw sabi ni Sam!" Javier said on the other line and ended the call right away.

"Cute, Sammy," Isaac remarked.

"Delikado na," Justice teased, causing Isaac to give him a chilly look. "Lamig! Ng ice cream," Justice uttered.

"Eat quickly; they're waiting for us," Isaac told him.

"Lulubusin ko na partner card ko. Totoo bang nag-agawan kayo ni Javlee kay ate Athena?" Justice asked hesitantly.

In reply, he shook his head. "What's to fight over when he already had her even before I tried to?" Isaac responded.

"She's not a trophy to scramble for. She's so much more," he added.

"Then who did you leave Gea for?" Justice questioned.

In response, he said, "Partner card invalid. Javier's not involved with your question," which caused Justice to wrinkle his nose with dismay.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ's note:

This AU is temporarily going to be put on hold.
Give it more or less a week until the next update.

Rest assured that FLIPPED JUSTICE will be completed. I will not leave you all hanging.

Here's a virtual fandom hug to all of my kaps out there. Stay strong, everyone! We'll get through this.