FJ 25

All of them arrived at the airport lounge while they waited to board, the three of them staring down. "Cheer up, guys!" Samuel exclaimed, making them feel better.

At that moment, Ice smiled broadly and took Sam's hand. Shaken, Samuel said, "Lamig ng kamay mo."

"Eh paano, mamamanhikan na ata 'yan," Justice said, making fun of his kuya Ice.

Javier, meanwhile, was silently perched on the edge of his chair. With a tap, Justice reassured him, "You'll pass."

They are currently on their semester break, having recently finished their final exams. Javier didn't do well with his finals due to his absences.

He appeared to be smiling as Justice attempted to reassure him. Ice, who is suddenly as frigid as ice, was teased by Jav, "Dre, law student ka, kayang-kaya mo na ipaglaban ang pagmamahalan niyo ni Well kung hindi ka tanggap ng mga magulang niya ha?"

"Gago" was the only thing Ice could reply to with their teasing.

After some time, they continued to tease Ice until they arrived at Well's province. Justice closed his eyes and took a long breath. There was a satisfied smile.

With his arms raised in greeting, Samuel yelled, "Welcome to our farm!"

Wide-eyed, Javier griped, "Tangina, hacienda! Ibalik mo lahat ng libre ko sayong hayop ka. Mas mayaman ka pa sakin!"

"Tangek! Isa lang property namin, 'di tulad ng pamilya niyo. Balita ko nga may nakapangalang ospital sayo sa Canada, kaya ka pinapagstay doon eh," Samuel rebutted.

Justice said, "Ang yayaman ng tropa ko, hanep na 'yan," as he entered the enormous gate.

"Si humble, mayaman ka rin. Laki ng pamana ng lolo mo. Kuripot ka lang talaga at ayaw gastusin, tinitipid ang sarili," Samuel answered as he led the way inside.

"I'm saving it for my future. You know, my family's not supporting me anymore," Justice replied.

"Wag mo na masyado isipin ang future. Sure akong hindi ka pababayaan n—"

"Ng Josh," Javier cut Samuel off.

They came to a porch as they continued to stroll. Ice had not spoken anything since earlier, but Javier taunted him once again.

"Naaaninag ko na ang parents, lagot ka, Ice," he said.

To their surprise, the door opened to reveal a sweet-looking couple, whom Samuel promptly planted a kiss on each cheek.

They are most likely his parents. They all gave them a mano in greeting and showed respect. Ice, meanwhile, stood there and did not approach Sam's parents.

Samuel's father stated, "Good to see you again, ijo." And Ice leaped in to give both of them a hug.

"Again?" all three of them asked in chorus.

In response, Sam's mother said, "Napakabuting bata. Nagpunta rito last month, nagpakilala at hiningi ang kamay mo. Ay!"

"Huh?" Samuel asked, appearing shocked and perplexed.

"Si tita naman oh," Ice remarked, flushing and stroking the back of his head. "I just asked if it's fine with them na ako ang boyfriend mo."

Samuel, who gets emotional quickly, sobbed over what Isaac done. He was grateful for all the efforts and respect he had given his parents. A partner material indeed.

"Mabuti na nga lang at nakadaan dito. Ang kababata mo kasi kung ano-ano ang pinagagawa na legal documents," Sam's father said.

Samuel yelled, "Papa!" in an attempt to prevent his father from spoiling everything for Justice.

"Oh! Speaking of kababata, gusto ko sila makilala, Sam," Justice exclaimed excitedly.

"Sakto, inimbitahan ko ang kababata ni Saint sa hapunan natin," his mother said.

While they were staying in the guest room, which had five separate beds, they chatted about what lay ahead.

Javier began, "Two more years in medshool specifically in hospital. Good choice nga na sa Canada ko ituloy."

"Yeah, we could continue until internship in Canada. Residency and specialty, siguro dito na ako with the money I got from Lolo," Justice went on.

"Sabay na tayo sa residency, bestie," said Samuel.

Isaac said, "Oh, to be surrounded by great future doctors." Saying to Well, "Kung saan ka, doon ako," he continued.

"Tss, corny niyo," Justice muttered.

"Inggit ka lang. Kailan ba ang kasal?" Javier teased them.

"Medyo nakakapanibago nga na walang suot na singsing," Samuel said, fidgeting his finger and grinning.

Isaac choked on his own saliva after hearing it, making everyone chuckle. A knock on the door by Sam's mother interrupted their fun-filled mocking of Isaac.

She said, "Saint, nandito na ang kababata mo."

Justice instantly got to his feet to greet Sam's kababata, having no notion that it might be Flip outside.

"Teka," Isaac said, stopping Justice. "Fix your things first. Sumunod ka na lang sa labas after. It's embarrassing kila tita," he said as an excuse to check whether it's Flip or not.

They dashed outside, and there he was, inevitably, Flip, perched on a gazebo by a pond. A little taken aback, Flip nearly fell into the water as Ice hurried to him.

"Why are you all here?" Flip asked in a panicking voice. "Akala ko kayo ni Saint lang," he added.

Without wasting time, Isaac stated, "We're with Justice. What's your plan?"

"He—we—ah," he stuttered.

"Are you ready or not?" Ice asked him.

When Ice noticed Flip couldn't answer his question, he suddenly punched him in the face, saying, "Gago ka pala eh! Stop saying you're doing everything you are doing now for Justice's future if you can't be there for him in the present."

Javier hurried to intervene between them. "Tama na, dre. Nakapag-usap na kami last month," he said.

Blotting blood from his lips, Flip said, "I deserved it."

Javier giggled. He turned to face Flip and stated, "Now we're even."

Isaac apologized, adding, "Just think of it as a wake-up call."

Flip grinned and said, "Oks lang, dre. Wag mo na isipin kung anong plano ko. Ituloy na natin 'yang plano mo."

Justice couldn't see who was with Jav and Ice when he walked up to them since the sunlight was hitting his eyes. He replied, "Uy! Tara raw, tulungan natin si Well sa kusina."

Flip heard and saw his langga again, and he froze in his feet, unable to move.

Justice concealed his eyes from the sun with his hand, and it showed Philip as Javier and Isaac moved out of the way.

His voice trembling with surprise, he murmured, "Flip."