FJ 28

"Congratulations, Dr. Cullen!" Justice surprised Javier. The lights just recently turned on as Jav entered his home.

A congratulatory cake was waiting for him. "Thank you, Hustisya," Javier answered. He spotted Sam and Ice on a video call as he glanced at Just's laptop screen. He continued, "Thank you, tropadre!"

"Missing in action na naman ba si Flip?" Jav asked.

Justice said, "I swear, I invited him."

"It'll be best if you get answers from him directly," Ice retorted.

"What's going on?" Javier inquired with concern. It seemed like Ice and Sam were privy to information that they were not sharing with them.

Samuel made an attempt to change the subject, grinning and saying, "We need to celebrate today because you passed the licensure exam!"

Javier smiled to himself when he caught sight of Just's trademark gummy grin. "Kayo na next future MDs," he said to Sam and Just.

Someone joined their video call before they could reply to Javier. "Congrats, Dre," a well-known voice stated in a brief greeting.

Javier yelled, "Flip!" with excitement. "Gusto mo atang maging unang pasyente ko. Why do you sound sick?"

With a coughing motion, Flip answered, "Masama nga pakiramdam ko, doc. Bumati lang talaga ako baka magtampo ka walang poging bumati sayo eh."

"Anong tawag mo kay Hustisya aber?" Javier chuckled in response.

This made Justice choke on his saliva and murmur, "Gago."

Flip heard Justice and instantly hung up. They haven't even heard each other's voices or seen each other in four years. Nevertheless, he still gives him butterflies.

A year ago, Flip faced a significant obstacle when he had to return to the city for his dad's medical treatment.

Justice's future—the hospital—would have nearly stopped if Gea hadn't stepped in to help. Throughout Flip's stay in the city, she has been in control of the entire process.

He's returned to the province and is once again concentrating on Just's future. He has taken a number of modeling offers for extra fund after graduating because he has lost a lot for his dad last year.

Screaming, "Bads!" Kent rushed to his son. "You're on a billboard," he exclaimed with enthusiasm.

Flip had been putting in a lot of work, and this kind of exposure would be really beneficial in terms of attracting investors. "Sikat na ang anak ko," said his father.

He laughed and planted a kiss on his father's forehead. He said, "I was just beginning, pa. Watch me dominate the world. I love you."

"I know. And we're proud of you. Kailan tayo dadalaw sa dad mo sa city?" Kent responded.

A week later, Flip made the decision to drop his papa off at his dad. Kent said, "Masama pa rin loob ng anak mo. Hindi ka pa raw kayang makita."

"Pero don't worry, Felipe. I'm sure he'll visit you soon," he said.

Just as he was going to leave, someone came and sat down next to him, a short distance away. Kent stepped close and asked, "Justice?"

The man next to him appeared puzzled. The melted portion of the candle, which he was still holding, dripped down to his skin. The man exclaimed, "Ouch!"

"Nako, heto, anak," muttered Kent, rubbing ointment on his hand. "Sorry, you don't know me nga pala."

The young man questioned, "Your voice sounds kind of familiar po. How'd you know me po pala?"

He held out his hand, saying, "I'm Philip's papa, Kent," and the younger accepted it with pleasure.

Glancing around, he questioned, "Bakit po kayo nandito?"

Kent laughed and answered, "Don't worry, Bads is not here," realizing that he appeared to be looking for someone.

"Ayaw niya kasi na maremind na wala na ang dad niya," Kent casually added.

Justice seems taken aback by what he had heard. "I'm sorry, Kailan pa po?" he said.

"Last month lang. He fought hard for a year. Bumalik kasi ang tumor," the slightly raspy voice said, but Kent held back his tears. "Ikaw? Are you visiting your lolo? Diba he's on the other side?"

With a downcast smile, Justice answered, "I was just there po. Now, I'm visiting my kuya. It's his ninth death anniversary po."

Surprised, Kent asked, "Kodi?"

Justice pondered for a moment, considering how Kent knew about his diko and how he knew where his lolo was. He asked, "How did you know lolo's not here po? And do you know diko?"

"Nako, pasensya na. I wasn't supposed to tell this, but you caught me. I assume hindi si Kodi ang tinutukoy mong kuya since Philip and I met him four years ago sa burol ng lolo mo," Kent responded.

"You were there po? I didn't see Flip," Justice asked.

"Yes, and Kodi saw us. Philip asked him not to share this information with you. Kasi he blame himself, and he regretted not being by your side when you needed him the most."

Justice remarked, tears streaming down his cheeks, "Lolo's passing wasn't his fault; why would he blame himself?"

"He felt guilty because you could've spent more time with your lolo that day if you hadn't helped him regain his freedom. It's always you over his freedom, Justice," Kent stated.

Justice's tears were already dripping down nonstop as he heard it. Kent captured him in between his arms and said, "He was there, Justice. Malayo, pero nandoon siya. He makes sure you're okay and eating well."

"I've never seen my son like that to someone else. You must be very special. When everything is ready, I hope your paths cross again,"  he remarked, turning to go once Justice had calmed down.

Justice talked to his kuya, "Kuya, neighbors na pala kayo ni sir Felipe. Pakisabi naman na sorry kung hindi ako nakapunta sa burol nila."

"Hustisya, burol nino?" Javier asked, making Justice turn his head around.

"Nandito ka na pala, nakadaan ka na kay ate Athena?" Justice tried to shift the topic, which Javier shook his head to.

"Akala ko sasabay ka to visit her?" Javier responded. "Is that Mr. Felipe?" he inquired, peering behind Just.

"Alam mo na rin?" Javier added.

Looking confused, Just said, "What? You knew?"

"Although I didn't verify, my mother informed me that she had seen the friend I had been searching before and was pleading for his father to be saved. I resisted believing it was him," he said.

Again brimming with tears, Justice questioned, "Kailan mo pa alam? Do Sam and Ice also know? Ba't hindi niyo sinabi?"

"Cause I asked them not to."

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Author's notes:

Hello! As FJ has almost come to an end, I would like to apologize for taking time to write the final chapters since I'm also currently working on FJ Book II—PMC: A JOSHTIN AU.

I appreciate your understanding and patience!