FJ 17

Philip never imagined he would be able to publicly express his love to someone, especially considering how much he has disliked something like this about his parents in the past.

He appeared indifferent to criticism when it came to Justice, though. Not everyone knew that, growing up, he had an issue regarding his parents' relationship. He was raised alone by his mother, only to see his dad on special occasions.

Upon his mother's death, he was forced to live with his father and his uncle Kent, which he initially found confusing.

When he discovered his dad and Kent's relationship—along with his true identity—he was just four years old. Felipe was married to Kent. Flip grew up detesting them; it took Kent years to gain his love and acceptance.

However, it was all too late for him to have that one happy family. His dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor and got worse before Kent could even gain his acceptance, further shattering his relationship with his dad.

The last he had spoken to his dad was when he was compelled to wed someone shortly after graduation because of his dad's resentment at Philip's lack of respect. Philip, though, made every effort to postpone it. His dad fell into a coma after becoming enraged with him for modeling and for deliberately failing his classes.

Over the years, Philip's heart softened toward his papa Kent, something his father was not even able to see. So he could show him his growth as a person, he wanted him to wake up. Perhaps he would make amends with him and, for the first time, feel proud of him.

Still, it was once more too late for him. It could happen soon that his father leaves them. It was his last wish for Philip, and as a son, Philip wanted to fulfill it.

He heard Justice ask, "Are you hungry? Let's have lunch," as they made their way through the parking lot.

Flip answered in a whisper, "Busog na ako sa mga salita ko noon."

Justice looked at him with confusion. He stated, "Wala. Sure, kain tayo."

He dropped his boyfriend off at his house, helped him unload their grocery boxes, and then went straight to speak with Jade. He repeatedly rang their doorbell, but she hasn't showed up.

Just before he returns to his car, he hears his uncle Noah say, "Philip, let's talk."

Shyly, he went inside their home. He saw Jade sitting on the sofa with both hands folded as she coldly stared at him.

Philip walked up to her and said, "I'm sorry." However, she stopped him with a raised hand.

"Jade and I spoke a while back, Philip. She informed me that things aren't working out for the two of you," Noah stated as he sat down next to his daughter.

He continued, staring directly at Philip, "Felipe is very important to me, as you are aware. He's always been a great friend and a kuya. However, my daughter comes first above all else."

Philip said, "I know, uncle. That's why I'm here to fix things."

With her eyebrows raised, Jade asked, "How exactly are you going to fix it? Are you willing to give up Justice for this?"

Not knowing how to respond to her inquiry, Philip just sighed deeply. Seeing that her fiancée was unable to respond, she went on, "See? You can't. So allow me to take care of this."

"I'm calling off the wedding," she sternly stated.

Before Philip could even respond, Noah spoke, continuing his daughter's statement, "My wish is for my daughter to wed a loving partner. I initially believed that you two could grow to love one another after I agreed to this arrangement. However, now that I think about it, I believe you've already given the love to someone else."

"And, Philip, there's nothing wrong with it. You have the freedom to choose who to love. So, let's call it off habang maaga pa," he added.

Philip said, "Pero, uncle. Si dad po," with tears welling up in his eyes.

"Naguguluhan ka, Philip. But Kent and I talked about this—that if you ever changed your mind, we have to let you. Your dad loves you, Philip. He would understand," Noah replied, rubbing Philip's back.

Philip said, "He moved his fingers the day I told him that I would fulfill his wish, uncle," as tears streamed down his face.

"Doesn't imply he agreed. Carter, just wait till he wakes up. He'll be conscious," Jade said, giving him a hug.

After talking with them, his hopes of having his dad conscious once again got high. So, he decided to visit his dad in the hospital before returning home. He was sure he saw Justice running, though, before he could even get to where his dad was.

He trailed after him, and from a distance, he noticed him sobbing and trembling while attempting to make a phone call.

He rushed over to where he was, and before Just could even fall on the ground, Flip grabbed hold of him. Flip was instantly hugged by Justice, who had tears in his eyes.

Someone answered his call; he heard from the other line, "Papunta na ako. Justice, hintayin mo ako."

Justice replied, "S-si Lolo," in between sobs. Hearing Justice, Flip experienced a sensation similar to being hit by a cold water.

Justice, holding on to an envelope, could not stop sobbing. Just's tears were soaking Flip's clothes, but it didn't bother Flip in the slightest. When the doctor went out, Justice broke free from their embrace and turned to face the doctor.

As soon as the doctor said, "I'm sorry, Justice," Just dropped his belongings and ran sobbing into the room.

He saw Javier sprint in the direction of Justice just as he was about to get in. Flip couldn't move after seeing how hurt Justice is right now. It reminded him of his dad. He got scared of losing him.

He composed himself before deciding to approach Justice in an attempt to show his strength. As he was picking up his belongings from the floor, the envelope slipped out of his grasp and exposed what was inside.

Time seemed to slow down, and he wasn't able to comprehend what he was seeing. They were photos of Just and Jav's wedding. He scanned through it and confirmed it was real. Even Saint was there.

With a frustrated look, he gazed at Justice and Javier, who were now hugging, Javier softly petting Justice's back. It pained him once more.

"How could you all lie to me?"