FJ 30

Knowing that he had Flip to return home to made Justice pleased as he made his way back to Canada.

The months flew fast, and Justice's final semester soon arrived. Jav and Just, however, made the decision to return home in order to attend Ice and Sam's wedding before anything else.

Justice asked the intoxicated and unsteady-limbed Javier, "Where were you?" Samuel stood next to Jav, helping him out.

Sam said, "Nakita ko tulog sa parking lot ng hospital," while passing Javier to Just's arms. "Malala na 'to, Just. It's not even September yet; January pa lang oh," he added.

Justice said, "Did he have a fight with someone? Ba't basag labi nito?" but Sam simply shrugged. He let Sam go, saying, "Sige na, Well. Thanks for dropping him off. Ako na bahala dito. Focus on your wedding day. I'll see you, Ice, and Flip tomorrow."

As he was cleaning up Javier's puke, he received a call from Ice.

Isaac said, "Justice, I'm here at a bar. I paid all that Javier broke. Napa-trouble raw siya kanina. What happened ba? I thought you're both with Athena?"

"I was supposed to meet him there, but sabi ni manang Beth, hindi raw nagpunta si Cullen, kaya umalis din ako agad," Justice replied.

"I see. Just take care of Diab in the meantime. I'll handle all the damages here," Ice said before hanging up.

Justice sighed, observing Javier drift off to sleep. "Kailan mo ba pakakawalan si Athena?" he asked as he caressed Jav's head. "Nagiging garden na 'tong tattoo mo. It's been six years, Jav. Bitaw na," he added, blotting away his tears.

Just as he was ready to leave, Javier asked, "Pagod ka na?"

He turned to face Javier and stroked his head again, lulling him back to sleep. Javier muttered, "Athena, don't go."

Justice awoke to his alarm one more morning in Canada, feeling a little lethargic. He knocked on Javier's door, but there was no response. Following his path through the kitchen, he came across an exquisitely poached egg accompanied by a note that said, "Happy graduation day! I'm sorry for being a burden for the past years. I'll see you later."

But not even Javier's shadow showed up for the ceremony. The recently legally married couple, Ice and Sam, greeted Justice with, "Congratulations, Just!"

"Thank you, soon-to-be parents," Justice responded as the surrogacy went well and they were about to welcome their first child in a few weeks.

"Grabe, paguwi ko ng bansa, ninong na ako. Ang bilis ng araw, tingnan mo graduate na tayo, Well," Justice added enthusiastically. "Who would have thought, kayo pala talaga ang endgame?" he continued.

"Just, you too will soon be with your ligaya. With this guy, I have no doubt about your good future," Isaac stated.

"Whatever my future holds, as long as I'm with him, doesn't matter to me," Justice replied.

Samuel taunted him, saying, "Certified Flipped ka talaga, Justice." He added, "I'm sure he's ready when you get back."

Once more, he teased Justice, "Kaya you better prepare yourself as well, kasi kung hindi, Gea might step up her game in the last minute."

"Mahal, Gea's not that kind of person. Besides, nagkakamabutihan na sila ni Mav," Isaac countered.

"Did you just make tanggol of her?" Sam said in an irritated voice.

"No, mahal. I was just saying—"

Samuel tugged Justice away and said, "Minsan kailangan din natin ng thrill, to spice up the marriage."

"Si tanga, anong spice up?" Justice asked.

"Spices. Condiments. Toyo! Tungaw!," Sam retorted, eyes rolling.

"Tantanan mo ako. Kakakasal niyo lang, give the man a break. He waited for four years," Justice replied.

"Ikaw ba? Will you give a chance to someone who waited for you for that long?" Sam asked in a serious tone.

With a stern voice, Justice said, "Yes, Sigurado."

After returning to his hometown, Justice processed his post-graduation internship right away. And he has no one, same as before as he returned to an empty house.

Javier gave him a call straight away. He replied, "Namiss mo ba ako agad? Behave well, Doc, wala na ako diyan to take care of you."

"Bonak, I was just informing you that Ice and Sam are on their way to you. Saan ka ba umuwi?" Javier responded.

"Akala ko miss mo na baby bro mo eh. Basta pag namiss mo ako, uwi ka lang dito. I'm at my fam's house; I was hoping to see diko but he's not here," Justice answered.

Javier replied, "Okay, stay there. They're on their way. And by the way, I will see you next month on the 22nd."

He was unpacking when he heard the sound of a car engine outside. He dashed outside to welcome his friends. "Well! I miss you! Good to see you too, Ice."

Sam gave him a warm embrace and asked, "Hindi ka nagsasabi uuwi ka na pala? Eh di sana nasundo ka namin with Thirdy, diba?"

"I thought you'd complete your internship in Canada?" Ice asked, giving him a pat on the head in greeting.

"Biglaan din kasi. Diko called and he said he needed me back home. It sounds urgent, kaya umuwi na ako. Ayaw mo ba non kasama mo ako sa internship sa Lee Hospital?" Justice responded.

"About that. Nakapag-apply na ako sa iba, sa province," Sam stated.

Justice asked, seeming astonished, "I didn't know may hospital na sa inyo. Ganon na ba ako katagal nawala to not know this?"

"Excited 'yong owner," Isaac remarked. He continued, "Magooperate pa lang in a few months. But since hindi naman nagmamadali si Sammy, mahihintay naman niya. Besides, para maasikaso rin namin maigi ang first son namin soon."

With a look of excitement, Justice responded, "Oo nga pala! Parents na kayo, congratulations agad! And wow, you know the gender na!"

"We'll have him next month, kaya for sure you'll meet our little Saint sa friendsary natin," Ice replied.

That day truly arrived in the blink of an eye. Justice came to find Javier already at Sam and Ice's house. "Aga mo, Doc," said Justice.

With a simple shrug, Javier walked up to him and said, "They're in the baby's room. Hinihintay ka na ng inaanak mo."

Justice called out to Javier, "Tara na," but he declined and stayed in the living room.

Justice dashed into the room. He walked up to the couple who were holding little Saint Jacob Nase in their arms, bursting with excitement.

Gently, he held the baby up. After a while, Just heard another set of footsteps from the door. The moment he spotted the man who was approaching, his heartbeat quickened. Immediately, a smile spread across his face. The man, standing closely by him, greeted both little Saint and him.

A flash from a polaroid startled them. "You look like a family here," Ice stated.

"Family," Justice mused, widening his smile. Something he hadn't had for a long time.