FJ 22

It's been a month now, and they are gradually growing accustomed to being apart and having Javier bring Justice meals only. However, there's a slight issue with Javier that no one believes about.

Jav was patiently waiting on the line to get Justice his lunch in a fast food restaurant when he received a message from him.

[Got the food you ordered. Yum! Thanks!] His brows knitted as he read the message. This had happened multiple times already—that someone else had delivered Justice a meal.

Holding the takeout food in his hand, Jav still went to Justice's internship site. "Hello, sir. Ang gwapo mo po," was how the other new interns welcomed him.

And some of the older ones said, "Sir, ikaw na naman. Tawagin lang po namin si Cartel." And he thanked them.

Justice came over to him, grinning broadly. He said, "Ba't nandito ka? Buti break ko now."

Just confusedly took the takeout food that Jav had raised. Jav continued, saying, "Hindi akin galing 'yong kanina."

He went on, "It's probably from Flip or a random admirer. Hindi ka kasi naniniwala na hindi nga sakin galing 'yong unang fried chicken at pasta last month."

It gave Justice chills and said, "That won't be Flip; he's already in a relationship. What if may lason pala mga pinapadala sakin?"

Jav shook his head, saying, "If that were the case, you would already be dead. Sa dami ba naman ng nireceive at kinain mo over the month."

"Okay, sorry. Akala ko talaga it was all from you. Puro favorites ko kasi pinapadala," Justice responded.

As Just got back inside, Jav decided to ditch his class and confront Flip. He always had a strong hunch that the foods Just were receiving was from him.

He went to the address Isaac had told him, but no one was there. He waited for hours, but it's no luck; he failed to see Flip.

He was asked by an elderly woman across the house, "Ijo, ang mga Carter ba ang hanap mo?"

He said, "Opo, saan po kaya sila?" with a nod.

"Naku, isang linggo na silang nakaalis. Bumalik nang probinsya," the elderly replied, which Jav thanked.

Feeling a little let down, he continued on and arrived at Sam's internship location. He also met Isaac, who was waiting outside, when he arrived.

Isaac leaned over his car and said, "Any luck?"

With a shake of his head, Jav responded, "He's back in their province."

"Sino?" Sam asked, startling the two.

Isaac carried Sam's bag as if it had been their routine whenever Ice picked him up from training. Jav asked directly, "Exactly saan province niyo ni Flip, Well?"

"O to the M to the G!" Sam exclaimed. "Bumalik na siya? Paano classes niya?" he added.

Having received the address, Javier's dismay has now decreased. He purchased a ticket to that province without any conscious thought.

"I'll be gone in a few days," he said to Just over a phone call.

Justice asked, "Why? Where are you going? How about your classes?"

"I'll get back to you," Jav said before hanging up.

Justice was rendered unclear. He packed up his belongings and left the building. He usually spends the night over at Well's condo. But Samuel sent him an SMS.

[Just, kila Ice ako uuwi ngayon ha? We'll be sending you dinner, kaya wag ka na magluto please lang] Justice was left with no option but to return home.

After eating the meal that Well and Ice had sent, he could still feel lonely and alone in his empty house. He thought about the person who is always sending him food. Who could it be?

"Hello, diko? Can you hear me?" he asked as he called him.

Kodi said, "What is it, Justice? I'm busy with the business trip," which made Justice feel a little hurt.

He apologized, saying, "Sorry, I'll just call you again some other time," and hung up.

With his friends all busy with their own lives, Justice was left with no one to talk to, making him feel more alone. He's called Flip's number on a regular basis even though he knows he won't answer.

Justice's heart began to race as Flip abruptly answered the call. A little bit startled, but he managed to utter, "Hello?"

Justice heard a man's gentle voice on the other end say, "Bads." The man went on, speaking as though he were not near the phone, "Could you check this? Nasagot ko ata tawag ng girlfriend mo."

As soon as he heard him say "girlfriend mo", Justice ended the call.

Justice told himself, "I should stop calling him," trying to convince himself to move on as Flip had already.

Justice once again dozed off on his couch as he cried, and was awakened by a knock on the door. Slowly opening the door, he already knew who it was. He said, "Good evening, kuya. Gabing-gabi na po ah?"

The delivery man said, "Oo nga, sir. Last delivery na nga po, nagpumilit lang kasi si sir kaya tinanggap ko na. Nakakaawa po, drinamahan pa ho ako eh," obviously at ease with Justice because this was his nth time delivering meals to him.

"Kilala mo na po ba kung kanino po galing mga 'to, kuya?" Justice inquired as he accepted it.

"Ay! Sir, hindi po pwede idisclose ang identity. Freedom lang din po ang pakilala sakin," he answered shortly before he left.

His phone rang when he was still eating the meal that he had just received. His surprise increased when he saw Flip's name on the caller ID before he answered the phone.

"Kuya Dodong, nadeliver na ho ba?" he heard Flip's voice again for the first time after a month.

Justice could only say, "Flip," out of conflicted feelings.

"Sht! Ga, wrong number. End mo na," he heard how Flip panicked on the other line.

A woman's voice responded, "Sabi mo i-call 'yong Kuya delivery man sa recent calls?"

Justice wanted to end the call but his body was playing tricks on him, so he was unable to even move. He even heard Flip and Gea's argument over the phone.

"Sabing ibaba mo na. Akin na nga—"

Gea seemed to be in a panic, saying, "Carter! Ako na, mababangga tayo. Magdrive ka lang," and then abruptly, ending the call.

Justice was at a loss for words at that precise moment. Assuming that he was receiving the foods from Flip, he would be lying if he claimed he wasn't experiencing the kilig. But knowing that Gea has been by his side the entire time hurts him as well.

What ached him the most? Knowing that Flip had saved his number, but as a Kuya delivery man.

Ugh!

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Author's notes:
Since my KN heart is broken, I will not let my KT/FJ heart ache as well.

So here's a new chapter, kittens.

We'll soon be ending Flip and Just's story. Kapit lang!