FJ 31

Later on the same day, Justice was holding up his polaroid photo with Flip and little Jacob. He finds himself daydreaming about starting a family of his own.

He reclined on Flip's lap, and Flip said, "What are you thinking?" as they continued to spend time in the gazebo.

"Having someone to call family," Just said, her gaze remaining riveted on the picture. He went on, "A life with you," causing Flip to choke on his own saliva.

"Okay ka lang?" Just just straightened up his seat and saw Flip nod.

"Nangbibigla ka kasi," he responded. "De javu," he added.

Justice grinned and said, "Ikaw? What are you thinking just now?"

"How much I like you," Flip replied. "And how badly I want to kiss you right now."

Justice responded, "You have me. I'm letting you have me and the kiss you wanted," without pausing.

Eyes are fixed on each other's lips. Hearts were pounding a little bit faster, wilder, in every inch left in between their faces.

Feeling each other's breath as their gap lessened, their eyes slowly shut down, waiting for their lips to touch. Flip's hands traveled gently to Just's nape as the younger's arms encircled him.

And as their lips touched, there was serenity; they were surrounded by silence, but their unsaid feelings were heard loudly and clearly. Justice was Flipped, from the very beginning, he knew it was him. The man he would spend all his universe with. It only took one leap of faith to cross that parallel universe.

In a not-distant location, Javier was able to capture the moment with Just's film camera. The sight of his Justice with the one who was meant to be his partner brought a smile to his face. Javier walked away, hiding from sight and taking his sincere smile with him.

Upon getting back to the living room, Javier met Ice and Sam. Sam noticed, "Mula kanina, ngayon ka lang ulit ngumiti. Anong meron?"

With a quick smile, Jav answered, "I'm happy for the both of you. Continue being each other's beam of light. Your little sunshine is lucky to have both of you as his parents."

Javier's remarks moved Samuel and Isaac. It had been a few years since they last saw this version of Javier. It's only now that Javier has been like this again—an aura exuded with love and kindness.

Javier went on to say, "I don't know how a good parent should be, but having you here, I know I could use a hand."

Samuel and Isaac were confused by what Jav was saying. A mixed sense of nervousness and excitement were drawn to Javier's face.

Jav noticed their gaze on him; he cleared his throat and said, "Anyway, I should go. I have some things to do first."

With their hands interlaced, Just and Flip said, "Bat nagmamadali si Doc?" as Jav was leaving.

"Why do I feel like he's hiding something from us?" Isaac asked as well. And everyone nodded, agreeing with him.

Samuel, meanwhile, questioned, "What did I miss?" after noticing his friends' hands.

"Kayo na?" Ice questioned.

With a smile on their faces still trying to be hidden, Flip answered, "Ready na, dre."

Samuel shouted, "Omg, omg, omg! Tuloy na tayo mamaya?" with excitement.

Justice asked, "Anong meron mamaya?" with a bewildered expression, but no one was responding. He went on, "Huy! Ano nga? Paalala lang aalis na ako bukas ng umaga. May internship pa ako sa LH."

"Later na, bestie. But for now, beauty rest ka muna," Samuel replied.

After Flip went, Justice did take a nap in the guest room to avoid overstressing himself. He tried calling Kodi as soon as he woke up. He was the reason behind his sudden return, but in an even more surprising event, Kodi was not around.

He started to get up when he heard a knock on the door; it was Isaac. Ice said, "Let's go, dalian mo. Flip's in the hospital."

At hearing Ice, Justice was taken aback. With haste, he quickly came out and saw Samuel, who was already inside the car.

Justice became even more concerned as Isaac accelerated his car. He questioned, "Well, what's really going on? Anong nangyari kay Flip?" with tears in his eyes.

Samuel, without a word, hugged Justice tightly and started sobbing. Their hug broke off only when Ice said, "We're here. Diretso na kayo sa ER, I'll just park."

Sam hauled Justice immediately to the emergency room, where they encountered Kent, Gea, and Mav, who were all waiting and appeared anxious.

"Kaano-ano ka ni Mr. Carter?" inquired a group of reporters who had gathered outside. Justice, however, remained silent and went to embrace Kent before asking, "What happened po?"

Breathless, Isaac ran toward them. Reaching in time, he saw Javier in his scrubs as the door opened. Javier turned to face Justice and stated, "We did everything we could. I'm sorry."

Justice knees had reached their breaking point. He tumbled down with tears flowing down his cheeks. Kent assisted him inside and as he reached Flip, Javier stood beside him.

Justice felt Flip's warmth as he grasped his hand. He turned to face Javier, and the man lost all emotional control, laughing lightly.

His nerves on his forehead were showing as he tried so hard not to laugh. Jav said, "I'm sorry, Justice. We did everything we could, pero hindi maalis ang kulugo." And laughed so hard that even their friends outside could hear him.

Justice said, "Pusang gala!" and lightly punched Flip and Jav.

The two cried out, "Aray!"

Javier said, "Sige, dre. Ipapaubaya ko na sayo ang Hustisya," and then he left the room.

Justice wiped off his tears and hugged Philip. He said, "Wag mo na uulitin."

"It will be the last time that I'll make you cry," Flip answered. Pulling out a ring from his pocket, he continued, "You may not be my first fiancée, nor am I your first partner, but I promise you that this will be my first proposal, and we'll be each other's last partner."

Flip rose, dropping to his knee. "Justice, let me have you for the rest of our lives. Be my partner."

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Author's notes:
Surprise! Since our SB19 did an amazing performance in AAA 2023, here's another treat for my kaps out there.

Big day tomorrow. Our Flip and Justice will soon close the book.

Thank you all for your unwavering support for FJ!