FJ 20

It has been a month since Flip disappeared. However, two weeks ago, he met Jav and had a serious conversation about important matters.

Hearing Javier's explanations gave him a clearer understanding of all that happened. It still pains him, though, that none of them informed him about it sooner.

Moreover, his guilt continued to hound him, preventing him from facing Justice at this time. He could still clearly recall Justice's anguish on the day he lost his Lolo and how he had done nothing to ease his pain. Instead, he made it even worse.

Isaac had been incessantly emailing him to inform him on the progress of Justice and Javier's divorce. Telling him he's not grateful to Ice would be a lie. But the knowledge of such is adding to his guilt.

As he served him breakfast in bed, Kent questioned, "Bads, wala ka bang lakad?"

Flip rose gingerly and rested against the headboard of his bed. He stated, "Pa, tuwing halos hindi na ako umuuwi nagagalit ka. Ngayong hindi ako lumalabas, mukhang magagalit ka rin."

"I was just worried. Ilang weeks ka nang matamlay. Ngayon pa na umaayos na lagay ng dad mo," Kent remarked, setting his son's food on the bed.

"Don't worry, pa. Okay ako. Just focus on dad," he said, giving his papa a kiss on the cheek. "Nga pala, thanks for reminding. I have a dinner to attend to later," he added.

With a curious face, Kent questioned, "Is this the one your dad is telling me about? 'Yong Justice?"

Shaking his head, Philip murmured, "Wala nang Justice, pa."

But suddenly, "I don't think so," his dad stated, standing at the door.

Hurrying over, Kent said, "Ano ka ba, beh. You can't walk around alone just yet."

Kent assisted him to sit on Philip's bed. Felipe said, "Son, sometimes the absence of something does not indicate they're not there anymore."

"I can't quite get it, dad. Diretsahin niyo na lang ako," Philip said, taking a chunk out of his meal.

"To put it another way, what Justice had in store for you goes much deeper than you may have realized, and it will always be there, even if you don't see it," Felipe replied.

"You don't know that, dad. I hurt him," Philip said, taking a long breath.

"Oh, I would definitely know it. Otherwise, he wouldn't have come see me that day. And you may have hurt him, but it's not too late to make things right," his dad stated.

Flip can't help but smile after hearing what his father has to say. He stated, "Can you hear yourself, dad? Akala ko ba you want me to have a wife? Ba't parang approved na sayo si Justice?"

"We won't bring that up again. As I already mentioned, my previous words to you were not very sincere. Gusto ko lang magtanda ka and have respect sa papa mo," Felipe said. He went on to remark, "Above all else, your happiness is what matters. I couldn't believe kinain mo na pala lahat ng salita mo noon."

"Tama na nga 'yan, mga bading. You are aware of your son's penchant to discuss what interests him over ng paulit-ulit, right?" Kent interrupted. "Beh, halika na, you have to take your meds pa," he added, assisting Felipe in getting up as they wave goodbye to their son.

Flip was beaming as he glanced at the ceiling, thankful that his dad was conscious again and in better health; he also felt that a miracle had occurred as a result of Justice's visit to his dad.

A month ago, when he found out about Jav and Just's marriage, he was there willing to confront them. However, there had been an emergency with his dad. He rushed to see him, and to his surprise, his dad had awoken.

And that same evening, he went in search of Justice to return the pictures, but he wasn't there anymore. Instead, he ran upon Javier, who was processing Just's lolo's papers and bills.

While still in bed, he thought back to what Javier had said to him: "Kailangan ka ni Just ngayon." But without saying anything, he simply gave him the envelope and walked away.

He wept as his remorse overcame him once more and he thought back to that day, when he had become the happiest while Justice had the worst day.

Flip didn't notice that he had already fallen asleep as he cried. He awoke to find two messages in his inbox.

[Mr. Carter, where are you?]

[Don't forget our meeting later.]

They were from the one who he will be meeting at dinner.

He replied, [I'm on my way. See you at the seaside.]

He recognized the person he was meeting as soon as he pulled into the parking lot. She greeted him, "Hi, finally, you're here."

Before they could even walk into the restaurant, Flip could already feel uneasy. He looked around, and his eyes caught his friends having a dinner together. However, the sight of Just's hand clasped around Jav's captured his attention.

The woman their age asked him, "You good?"

Flip questioned, "Umm... ano nga 'yon?" as he came to senses.

The woman replied, "I was asking you if we'll order ba muna or proceed na agad sa meeting natin."

"Let's order first," he replied, as he assisted her in her seat. It unnerved him even more to feel like Javier was still staring at him.

"Okay, will you calm down? This isn't a formal meeting, Mr. Carter. Hinga ka lang," she stated.

Philip asked, "Remember my business proposal to your father last week?" after making an effort to calm himself.

She smiled and responded, "Which part? I only remember you telling us who inspired you to continue this plan. 'Yon lang interesting eh."

"Exactly," he said firmly. Perplexed, she glanced at him. He continued, "He's here. At the other table with our friends."

She looked around instantly, and Flip said in a whisper, "Wag ka pahalata."

Shrouded in the menu book, she apologized, saying, "Oops, too late. Papalapit na sila."

"Sht, Ga naman!" Flip said.

"Ga?" Justice.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Author's notes:

Hey to all of you! This is an announcement for FJ Book 2, as I might not be able to release more FJ chapters this week.

Check out the teaser by visiting my other works.

Enjoy!