Boys' Night

"You're quiet," said Prateek, wolfing down a pizza slice.

"I'm always quiet."

"True but you're quieter than usual. What's up?"

"Well," Arnav began, "Mom wants me to get married."

"That's great!" Prateek patted his friend's shoulder. "It is high time now."

Arnav doesn't respond which prompts Prateek to look at him. Pratek finds him staring at the television. He exhales and mutes the TV which finally catches Arnav's attention.

"Will you talk now?"

"Mom wants me to get married and I don't know what I want."

"Has she found a match for you?"

"Not yet but I know she's looking for one."

"Dekh bhai, when aunty finds someone for you, go meet her, talk to her, spend time with her, and you'll know. Don't freak out about something that hasn't happened yet."

(Look brother)

"Yeah, guess you're right."

"I'm always right." Prateek gloated with a smug smile on his face causing Arnav to roll his eyes.

"Make sure you're fully ready to marry if and when you say yes, though. Don't feel pressured by anyone. If you half ass it, both you and the girl are going to suffer."

"Understood. Thanks bhai."

Prateek nodded and unmuted the television. Sipping on cola, he got busy watching The Hangover. Arnav, however, was reeling in on his friend's words of advice. Prateek was right. There was no harm in meeting someone and Arnav knew he wanted to get married. If anyone knew what loneliness felt like, it was Arnav. Now that he was back home for good, it was the right time to think about marriage and eventually let a person in. He concluded he was going to give his mother's search for his potential future wife a fair chance.

***************************************************

I know this is a very short chapter and that's why It is a double update! Hope you guys like it. Please vote and comment. 

Do connect with me on INSTAGRAM, guys. I don't bite. x.wanderlustwrites.x