Going Away

Arnav zipped his bag and sighed. His mind went through the mental checklist he had made for everything he'd need for the next 3 days.

"You forgot to pack your toothbrush." Kriti put a ziplock bag containing his toothbrush and toothpaste. Arnav shoved it in the small zip of his bag and looked at Kriti. He took her hand in and brought it near his lips. He kissed all her fingers, one by one.

"I'm going to miss you." He said, pulling her closer. She simply got closer and pulled him closer by his waist. He put her head on his chest. They were having their first hug ever.

"Don't miss me too much." Arnav joked, wanting to lighten the mood. Upon receiving no response, he looked down at her. Her gloomy face had his heart breaking.

"Kritika, please don't be sad baccha."

"I'm not sad. I'm just going to miss you..a lot" Arnav was going out of town for three days. His ex-colleague, Ahmed's father has fallen severely ill and was admitted to hospital. Ahmed's father was his supervisor in the army. He was a great supervisor, wise, disciplined and always had his back. Arnav and a few other people were travelling out of the city to see him.

"Drive carefully please. Don't strain yourself too much." It was a six hour drive to Ahmed's place. Kritika couldn't go with him due to her workload and she was worried about his knee. "You have to call me every hour, okay?"

"Done." She felt a kiss on her head.

—--------------------------------

Arnav hated leaving his wife for a few days but Ahmed's father was a great mentor to him in the army so this was important. He had to go see him.

His heart however was stuck with Kritika. He left a list of instructions so that she would be safe. His phone rang, snapping him out of his thoughts. The caller ID had him smiling. Before he could say Hi, Kriti spoke,

"I told you to call me every hour."

"I was going to but you beat me to it." He smiled thinking a lot changed in three weeks. There was a person concerned about him, waiting for him.

"Drive safely."

"Yes ma'am." He heard her smile on the other end and cussed his fate for not being able to see her blush.

When he called Kriti to inform her about his arrival, he heard her breath of relief. They talked a few more minutes before calling it a night. It was the third night they went to bed without each other after their wedding.

Kriti tossed around, shifting her pillows and after a good one and a half hour, sleep finally took her. Arnav fell asleep quickly due to exhaustion, but he woke up in three hours and spent the rest of the night scrolling the wedding photos on his phone, stalking Kriti's instagram and thinking of his woman.

**********************  

Ik Ik, Its a very small chapter but please have some patience people. It will get better, I promise. 

QOTD: A hyped up book that disappointed you?