New home

Kriti could notice the unevenness in his breath. His sighs and huffs weren't as silent as he thought they were but Arnav was too stubborn to take a break. The bed was being impossible to fix, testing their patience. Another sigh came from Arnav as he tightened the screws.

"Okay. That's enough." Kriti let go of the screw drivers. "We are taking a break and I'm not hearing a no."

Gesturing Arnav to stand up, she went out into the living room where Riyaan was installing the tv setup.

"Riyaan, it is break time. Why don't you head to the store nearby and get us some ice cream?" Riyaan was more than relieved to hear that. He quickly exits the house.

"Sit, Arnav and stretch both your legs." She opened the refrigerator and passed him some water. Arnav watched as his wife took charge and he weirdly liked it.

She sat down patting her face. There were boxes and suitcases lying around and also all the stuff they shopped for wasn't yet in their designated places. Good thing they set up the kitchen first. The black microwave seemed to perfectly match with the sage green kitchen but Kriti was too proud to admit that her choice would've been wrong.

"Do you like the place?"

"Like? I love the place. It is beautiful." Arnav was happy to hear that. Her eyes shone when she stepped inside and since then, she had been working diligently to set up their home.

"I really like the balcony," she stated. The balcony overlooked the neighbourhood park. It was full of greenery and the laughter of the children.

 "The agent told me the sunset from the balcony rockz with a z when I bought this flat."

"Rockz with a z, huh?" Kriti laughed, hearing those words from his mouth.

"He looked so proud saying that."

Their doorbell rang and the slightly ajar door gave away that it was a delivery.

Arnav got up, "it is this thing I ordered. I hope you like it."

Opening the door wide open, he realised it wasn't his delivery.

"I did. I placed an order for that." His wife said and stepped forward to sign the papers.

After they got the package in, Arnav asked, "You ordered a recliner?"

"Yeah. I think it would be of great help to you. You can stretch your legs, it also has a cup holder. Oh and it also has some kind of massage function." Arnav stood there unsure of what to say. He was very much moved by this gesture of hers.

"Um, it has great reviews on Amazon and if you don't like it, there's a 30 day return policy too." Her hopeful eyes were waiting for his reaction.

Speak! You idiot, his subconscious ushered.

"Kritika, I love this thing. Thanks a lot. I-I'm deeply touched." His voice went a pitch too low at the end. That confirmed for Kriti that he did actually like it and a proud smile was etched on her face.

"Wait, what did you order?" She questioned him.

"Oh that is-, actually, it is a surprise. You'll know it when it gets here."

Crossing her arms, Kriti huffed. "That is not fair. I want to know!"

Her pout had Arnav slightly pull her cheek. Realising what just happened, they went still and averted their gaze. Riyaan had entered, breaking the growing awkwardness and handed them the ice creams.

"Yeh lo bhabhi, aapka favourite."

(here, sister-in-law)

"You should eat this." Kriti was giving Arnav her chocolate ice cream for his vanilla.