Time Away

Please vote and comment guys. Don't be silent readers.

The morning brought smiles on their faces. Something changed. In a good way, of course. They had gotten closer, an emotional barrier was torn down.

"Come here." Arnav pulled Kriti close to him. He hid his face in her neck. "You smell so good." Kriti visibly shivered. Arnav smiled and put his head on her shoulder.

"I wish I could come with you."

Kriti pouted and looked at him. "It is for three days only and you'll come on the third day, right?"

He took her face in his palms. "I'm just so used to you, precious." Her face reddened. "If it wasn't for some important work at dad's shop, I would've come with you."

Kriti was going to her mum's place for three days. Her sister, Preeti, had come back home for a few days. Her parents called them to stay over. It was Preeti's birthday too in two days. Arnav couldn't go as his father needed him at the store and the commute from his in-laws' house to his dad's shop was a long way.

"I know. Preeti has asked about you way more than me." Arnav chuckled and pecked her cheek.

_____________________

"I wish you'd stay, jiju." Preeti said, and held onto his arm.

(jiju = what you'd call you brother-in-law)

"I would've, if it wasn't for my work." He ruffled her hair. "I'll be here for your birthday."

 He took the blessings of his in-laws and hugged Preeti before leaving. Kriti followed him outside to see him off. Arnav took a look at her face and brought her closer to him. "Apna dhyaan rakhna, theek?"

(Take care of yourself , okay?)

Kriti nodded. "Aap bhi." She kissed his cheek and went back inside.

(You too.)

—------------------

Kriti looked at her sister, setting down her pillow. Preeti was insistent on sleeping on the same bed, spending the night together like old times. Kriti was looking forward to calling her husband and immediately felt guilty. Her little sister was here, excited to spend time with her and here she was, not that enthusiastic about being with her family. The sisters spent most of the night talking and laughing. They made plans for the next two days.

It was 2 a.m and Preeti had fallen asleep. Kriti pulled the blanket up to her chin and was getting ready to sleep when her phone's screen lit up.

"Are you still awake?" It was Arnav. The speed with which she opened her phone and texted back could beat the speed of lightning.

"Yes. Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Can't. I wish you were here." Her heart sped up with that text and she felt her face heat up.

Another text followed through. "Kritika..."

"Yes?"

"I'm scared to fall asleep." His confession had her sit up. She slipped into Preeti's bedroom and called him.

"Hey." 

"Hey." Just a whisper. Arnav's voice was heavy and sounded tired. "I'm sorry I'm bothering you. I just don't want to have another nightmare." He sighed. "I'm exhausted."

"Don't be stupid, Arnav. You've nothing to be sorry for." She waited for him to say something. There was nothing but silence. "Let's do a video call. We'll sleep while we're on the call."

They switched to a video call and she was greeted by a grateful smile on his face. She pressed a kiss through her hand onto the screen. "Sleep jaana. I've got you.

*******************************

Sorry for the really short update. Please do vote and comment.

QOTD: Fav TV couple