Reunion

Golgappas, I'm expecting a lot of comments on this one.

Kriti flipped the pancakes and looked at Arnav, who was busy polishing his shoes.

"Kab nikalna hain hume?" She asked.

(When do we start?)

Arnav looked back and answered, "6 baje niklenge. Theek?"

(We'll start at 6. Okay?)

Kriti nodded, "I'm so excited to meet your colleagues." They were going to a get together that Arnav's ex-colleagues set up.

Arnav smiled, "me too." If it was a few months before, Arnav would've outright denied going to any kind of party. But now, it was different. He accepted his retirement, he was coming to terms with the changes in his body and more importantly, Kritika was by his side.

—------------------------------

Arnav leaned towards the mirror, brushing his hair back when he felt two arms encircling around his waist. "You look handsome, husband."

He brought her in front of him and held her by her waist. "Thank you, precious and you too."

"I look handsome?"

"Yep. You look absolutely handsome." He said, and rubbed his nose on hers.

Kriti laughed, shaking her head. "I love you, Arnav."

"I love you so much more, Kritika." He kissed her forehead and took a look at her from head to toe. She was dressed in a purple desi dress. Her dupatta was hand-painted with flowers. "So beautiful." He brushed his lips against hers.

 When they parted, Kritika was as red as a tomato. "We should go."

The get-together was organised in a hotel. The party hall was decorated with balloons and tables of food and drinks were set up. In the centre was a platform with a mic stand on it. A few round shaped tables with chairs were placed in the hall. It also had access to one of the gardens, where the party extended.

"Arnav! Bhai, itne dino baad mile hain!" A man came forward and hugged him.

(Brother, we met after so long!)

Arnav reciprocated his hug and patted his back.

"Kiran, it is good to see you." He smiled and pulled Kritika closer. "Meet my wife, Kritika." Kiran shook hands with her. "Kritika, this is officer Kiran."

Kiran widened his eyes, "waah bhai, tumhari toh shaadi bhi hogayi." Just then, Ahmed made an appearance. Kritika recognized and asked him about his father's well being.

(Wow, brother. You got married also.)

A lot more started to join the party. Weirdly, Arnav missed them. He wasn't as uncomfortable as he thought he'd be. He liked reconnecting with the people he once worked with. Arnav introduced Kritika to several of his colleagues and supervisors. They regaled her with tales of Arnav from his army days. Arnav loved having Kriti by his side. For years, he attended these events alone, like a loner but today, he had a beautiful woman by his side and he couldn't be more proud.

The army spouses began to pull Kritika aside to talk to her. They were eager to get to know her and about the grumpy lieutenant she married.

"Bohut pyaari lag rahi hon. Mann nahi karta tumse door hone ka." Arnav said and, Kritika silently giggled and walked away.

(You look lovely. I don't feel like going away from you.)

She walked into the garden and the group shoved a drink in her hand. "So, tell us about your married life. How's Arnav?" Before she could respond, another woman, dressed in a gold saree spoke, "Yes, yes, tell us."