Honeymoon (Epilogue 1)

Six months later:

Arnav's physical therapy had concluded last month. The past few months had been stressful for the couple. Arnav and Nirnay didn't waste any time to open their gym. Though things were a little difficult at the start, their gym, Fitness Jungle, was all set to open in a month. Kritika was due for a promotion in a few weeks.

To relax a little before their lives get busy again and to make up for their honeymoon, Arnav suggested going to the countryside resort for a small getaway. He wanted them to have special memories and Kriti was more than happy.

Kritika and Arnav were surrounded by lush green hills and trees, the chirping of the birds and the cloudy blue sky. They were walking towards their room. The resort was made of individual huts for each guest so that they could enjoy and appreciate the nature around them. When they reached the door to their hut, Arnav bent down and scooped Kriti in his arms.

"Arnav!" She gasped. "What are you doing?"

"Carrying my wife." He walked into the room with his wife in his arms.

"Put me down. You'll hurt your knee."

"I'm fine, Kritika. Relax." He walked into their bedroom and put her down on the bed with ease. "See, that was easy."

Kriti narrowed her eyes on him. "Easy? Ek hi mahina hua hain therapy ko. You should be carefu-" She was cut off with a kiss.

(It's only been a month since you finished your therapy.)

Arnav pulled back after a minute. "You're always so concerned about me." He caressed her hair. "My precious." 

Kriti's face began to heat up but she regained her composure. "Biwi hoon aapki. Obviously I'll be concerned."

(I'm your wife.)

Arnav smiled. "Haan, biwi toh hain aap meri." He planted a kiss on her jaw and continued kissing all the way down to her collarbone. Kriti's hands find their way into his hair, pulling him closer.

(Yes, you are my wife.)

He stops upon hearing her breathe heavily. Her red cheeks and dilated pupils had him smiling. "You've been caring for me since day one, Kritika." Arnav never addressed her as Kriti. It was always Kritika and somehow, it was more intimate.

"The first time we met, you asked me a lot of questions." Kriti gave him a sheepish smile upon recalling that incident. "Don't be embarrassed. You're the only one who asked, you didn't assume." Kriti furrowed her brows.

"Everyone else assumed, came up with their own and gave me advice to move on but you asked me about my feelings, my emotions. You didn't pity me upon hearing about my injury and retirement." He passed her a grateful smile. "You asked me about my feelings, my state of mind."

"Is that why you said yes to marrying me?" Kriti asked.

Arnav nodded. "It showed that you're considerate, caring. You value others and to be honest, your joke about me being stood up really impressed me."

"Shut up." Kriti rolled her eyes.

The couple got dressed and went to the restaurant for their dinner. Arnav had booked a private table for them and arranged a candle-lit dinner. He wanted to do all those cheesy things people do in love. He wanted to shower his wife with all the love and happiness.

"You're such a romantic, Arnav." Kriti pulled his cheek. "Such a softie." 

Arnav huffed and pulled Kriti onto his lap though there was a perfect chair on the other side of the table for her. "I'd prefer it if you kissed me instead of pulling my cheek, precious."

Kriti laughed, pulled both his cheeks and gave him a peck. "Do you know what stuck out to me during our first meeting?"

Arnav became alert, eager for her answer. "You didn't ask me any questions. You didn't pity me when I told you about my condition. You didn't treat me like an outcast." She hid her face in his chest and blinked her eyes rapidly to stop herself from crying. "When we spoke on the phone, you suggested adoption, like it was something normal."

"It is our normal, Kritika. Life has brought us together and I couldn't be more grateful for it." Arnav rubbed her arms and kissed her head.

"I love you so much, Arnav."

He kissed her with all the emotions flowing through him. "I'm so glad you said yes to me, precious. My sweet, sunshine Kritika. I love you."

******************************************

Y'ALLLL! MY BABIES ARE SO CUTE.

Please do vote and comment! The next part will be up in a few hours!