Shopping

Seeing his mother's face filled with joy, Arnav felt happy. He was happy that his mother was happy. Her eyes shone as she sorted through the attires for haldi. Currently, Arnav and Manasavi along with Kritika and her mother were at a boutique shopping for their wedding. He couldn't believe a day like this would ever come.

He wasn't apprehensive about it as he thought it would be. Sure, he had his worries, worries such as how he and Kritika haven't really talked much since saying yes to each other, or how they've only muttered a hi in the three hours they've spent in the boutique or how he worried that they end up like his parents, divorced. Sure, divorce isn't the end of the world but if he's allowing a person with the intention of sharing a life with them, he'd want them to stay forever.

Looking at Kritika, she appeared normal. Not too ecstatic and neither did she seem unsure about the whole thing.

"Kriti, yeh dupatta accha hain na?" Her mother asked.

A sudden wave of tiredness flashed on her face. She was growing tired and possibly hungry. Taking note of her mood, Arnav decided to speak up. "We've been here for three hours now. Let's get some food?" Kriti was quick to say yes to food and their mothers followed her.

Taking the shopping bags into his hands, he trailed behind the ladies to go to the restaurant nearby. Settling on to the table, he was sitting next to his future wife. Their mothers were in a deep conversation about the remaining shopping list when he heard Kriti clear her throat.

"What do you want our wedding outfits colour to be?" Colours? He didn't know what to say. Truth be told, he didn't think a guy was supposed to have preferences when it came to his wedding ceremony.

 "Um, whatever you want." He replied, looking quite confident about his answer.

"I'm asking you. I want to know what you think." She clearly wasn't impressed. She actually wanted his opinion.

"Um, how about white?" Arnav wasn't sure why chose white. It was the first colour that popped into his mind.

"White is good." She paused, thinking. "How about white and gold?"

He gave her a soft smile, "white and gold is good."

The two of them fell quite again. The food arrived and they got busy with eating. The only people talking at their table were the mothers. Arnav wasn't happy with that. He wanted to talk to Kritika but didn't know how to.

"How's your physiotherapy going?" She asked.

"Pretty good." His two word answer gave way to silence again and he instantly felt bad. Here she was making an effort to converse with him and he couldn't even keep it going.

Deciding to change that, he added, "the doctor says I'm making good progress. He's happy with me."

"That is good."

"Thanks. How's your work?"

"It is okay, nothing special. It's all meetings and strategy plans."

"Hmm. I help out my dad at his furniture store whenever I can. It helps keep me occupied." He wanted her to know how his days were filled, he wanted her to know that his injury didn't limit him.

They spoke about various things throughout the lunch. They discussed the food in front of them, the weather, and their wedding ceremonies.

Another three hours after their lunch, the shopping finally came to an end. The 4 of them were standing in the parking lot bidding goodbye.

"I can't wait for you to be my daughter-in-law." Manasvi expressed, to which surprisingly, Kriti blushed.

"Sirf teen din aur samdhan ji, phir toh inn dono ki shaadi ke rasme shuru ho jaayenge!" Namratha exclaimed.

(Three more days and their wedding rituals will start.)

(Samdhan ji = referring to the mother-in-law)

The mothers hugged each other like long lost best friends.

"I'll see you in 5 days," Arnav said.

In 5 days, she'd be his wife. "Yeah, see you," she said, overwhelmed with emotion.

Manaswi and Namratha were still talking to each other, it looked like it would never end. Five minutes later, Kritika decided she'd have to pull her mother away to get home. Muttering a final bye to Arnav, she noticed how tired he looked and then scolded herself that he was probably in pain because of his knee. She made her way to her mother saying that they should leave now.

Arriving home, she went straight to bed. As she was about to fall asleep, her phone went off. It was a text from her husband to be.

Goodnight

Smiling, she replied, "goodnight,Arnav." 

********************************************

Hey golgappe! I know this chapter is short but I promise the next one will make up for it! And, please do vote and comment ! 

Also follow me on Instagram from more updates. Don't hesitate to text me.