kisses and confessions

When Arnav set foot in the Singh's residence, he was immediately engulfed in a hug by his wife. Her arms were enclosed around his waist and her head was resting on his chest. She has been worried sick since a day due to the phone call a night ago.

"Hey." She looked up to see him. "I missed you."

He kissed her head and caressed her hair. "I'm here now, precious."

They parted when they heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. Preeti came forward and hugged him. "Hi Jiju!"

"Hey kiddo. Happy Birthday!" He handed her a gift bag. A while later, they gathered around to cut the cake and sat down for dinner. Conversation flowed, laughter rolled around. The setting was straight out of a movie. Kriti took a look around the room. It was warm and cosy. Her family and her husband were with her. She took a moment to take it all in. She wanted to live in this moment forever. Arnav's hand found hers under the table. She quickly entangled their fingers and squeezed it.

—-------------------------------------

Arnav and Kriti were sitting on the swing in the backyard. Everyone else had already gone to bed. A few stars twinkled brightly in the night sky. Arnav had his hand draped around Kriti's waist and his legs were stretched out. Kriti nestled herself into him.

"We got married here!" Kriti squealed.

Arnav chuckled and pecked her head. "We did."

"You're so beautiful when you smile, Arnav. Even more beautiful when you laugh." She looked at him with dreamy eyes.

"Kritika I-" His face reddened and his throat dried up.

"Oh my God." She clasped her hand to her mouth. "You're blushing! You're so red."

"Stop it." He mumbled and kissed her cheek. He laid another one very close to her mouth. When he pulled back, desire was very clear in his voice. It was Kriti's turn to blush. She looked down, overwhelmed with his gaze. Arnav smiled and kissed both her eyes.

"You're gorgeous, precious." Kriti hid her face in his chest.

"I've something I want to tell you." His tone turned serious. Kriti sat up and looked him in the eye. "It is nothing to worry about, Kritika."

"I love you." He looked at her for any change in expression. "I really do and it is okay if you don't feel the same yet but I cannot go on a day more without you knowing it." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "You are magical, Kritika. You've brought a dead man alive and you've given me hope. You are the calm to my storm. You're my peace, precious." He kissed her head. "I love you so much."

"You love me?" Kriti raised her voice a little. It was cheery and high pitched.

Arnav nodded. "I do."

Kriti threw her arms around him. "You love me!" She kissed his stubble and hid her face in his neck. "You love me." She whispered.

She looked up to see his eyes on her. "Arnav, can I kiss you?"

His eyes widened. "I feel like I should be the one asking you that."

 "Well, now you know my answer. Kiss me."

Arnav laughed. "You never fail to amaze me, precious." He captured her lips and moved his lips along hers. His hand went up to the back of her neck, deepening the kiss. Kriti laid her hands on his abs. They were out of breath when they pulled apart. Arnav kissed her forehead and pulled Kriti closer to him.

"Andhar chalein?" She asked.

—--------------------------------------

Two figures could be seen kissing each other, on the bed, under the blanket.

Arnav drew her body closer to him and sucked on her lips. "I love you so much."

He rested his head on hers and caressed her face.

"I love you, Arnav." Kriti whispered.

Arnav sat up on his elbow in the dark. "What?"

"Don't shout. You'll wake the house." she pulled him onto her.

"I said, I love you." Saying that, she kissed him.

"Really?" He flicked on the lights.

"I was going to wait and make it special but I can't anymore. I love you so much."

"Oh baby, this is special." He hugged her and kissed her temple. "I'm so happy right now, precious. You have no idea." He was grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm happy too, Arnav." She rubbed her hand over his beard. "All thanks to you."

They cuddled all night and kept peppering kisses. They stayed up, talking their heart out, the smiles never leaving their faces.

*************************************

Hello Gol Gappas! Please do vote and comment a lot! 

connect w me on Insta: x.wanderlustwrites.x

QOTD: single most biggest red flag you'd never ignore ?