First Dance

I WON'T BE ABLE TO UPDATE ON MONDAY DUE TO SOME WORK SO HERE IT IS

"Ok now breathe in." Mirroring her actions, Arnav took a deep breath in. "Hold for five seconds and exhale."

"We'll increase our meditation sessions by 5 minutes everyday until we reach 30." Kriti suggested meditation to help with Arnav's nightmares. "This is going to help you sleep better too."

The doorbell rings which brings their session to an end. Arnav got up to answer it. The guy at the door handed him a box and left. Opening it, they found a lot of old hindi music and a record player.

"What's this?" Kriti asked. Arnav's phone chimed with a text from his mom.

Sending you your record player and vinyl records. It was collecting dust in the store room.

"It is just my old stuff. Mom sent it," he answered.

"Your old stuff? Oh my God, you're into music. And its classic Hindi songs." Kriti couldn't believe that her grumpy husband was into old romantic songs. Vinyl records of Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Udit Narayan and a few classics of The Beatles, Micheal Jackson, Bon Jovi and a few other artists were present in the box.

"Arnav, this is so cool! We can have a music corner. We'll have to dust all these obviously." The excitement on her face had Arnav smiling. "We could set it up by the balcony."

"I was into all that in my college and it kind of lessened when I joined the army."

 "Well now, you can get back into it. We'll set it when I get back from the office, okay." Arnav nodded and Kriti went off to get ready for the day.

"I took a half-day today so that I can meet your physio." Kriti said, taking a bite of her breakfast.

"Alright. My appointment is at 10:30." Today was Arnav's first physio session after his wedding. He wasn't nervous about his wife seeing another aspect of him. He strangely felt comfortable and natural that his wife cared for him.

   —--------------------------------------

"Don't worry Mrs.Randhawa. Just make sure he applies icing from time to time and does the recommended exercises." Dr. Brijesh said, patting

"I will, doctor. Thank you once again."

"Oh no worries. This is my job and Arnav is one of my best patients."

"I wouldn't doubt that." Kriti smiled. "He is very disciplined."

"That he is. Today we'll start with some strengthening exercises. We'll focus on your thigh muscles." Arnav nodded and guided Kriti out of the door as it was time for her to leave.

"He seems good." Kriti said, once they were out of the room.

"Well his profile did say he's one of the best."

"Have a good session." She squeezed his fingers.

"Have a good day, wife." He leaned in and kissed her head.

   —----------------------------------------------

After their usual coffee in the evening, they spent fifteen minutes setting up their music corner. Kriti bought a wooden stereo cabinet on the way home and two frames with some sort of musical quotes. They arranged the vinyls according to the artists and cleaned the very dusty Sea Green record player. Popping on Kishore Kumar's vinyl, they waited for the music to start. After a few seconds of hiccups, the classic Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhaagi si starts to play.

Kriti whipped out her phone and snapped a photo. She opened up her instagram handle to post and that caught Arnav's eyes. "What is that?"

"Oh, this is my instagram account." Kriti's cheeks reddened. Not many knew about her instagram account. Sure it wasn't bad to have one but she never showed her face there. It was just to romanticise life.

"Can I see?" She handed him her phone and he spent two minutes scrolling her feed.

"It is just something stupid that I-"

"Kritika, these are beautiful,"Arnav said. "You're good at this. Love the shots." His eyes held surprise in them.

"Yeah?" She asked, unsure of what she heard.

"Yes. So, you're like an influencer?"

"Haha no. If I was an influencer, I'd have a lot of PR deals and would spend half the day on instagram. It is a small hobby. I just post some parts of my life."

"This is so cool." Amazement took over his features. "You posted a few wedding photos too."

"I did and ever since, my followers have been asking for glimpses of you." A lot of her DMs were now filled with queries and requests to share about her married life and reveal Arnav.

"You should." His answer shocked her. She always thought of him to be way too private but if her husband was okay with being part of her instagram page, she didn't mind.

"Okay come here." He stepped closer to her. Kriti placed her left hand on his right hand and took a photo to show off her ring.

Arnav stopped her from putting her phone away and brought her left hand to his heart. He placed his left hand over her fingers, in a way that both their rings would be shown. "Take a photo."

With her heart thumping and goosebumps on the back of her neck, Kriti snapped a photo. He took a look at it and then looked into her eyes, "better."

After dinner, Arnav took her into his arms, catching her by surprise. "Let's dance." The song, O mere dil ke chain started playing in the background.

As shy and shocked she was, she wanted Arnav to rest. "You should be sitting."

"It is a slow dance, Kritika." Throughout the dance, she felt his eyes boring into her body. He placed soft kisses on head at the end. Kriti was sure her face resembled a tomato. Another surprise was when she looked at Arnav, the tips of his ears were pink.

When Kriti layed on bed before dozing off, she opened her instagram. A certain follower caught her eye. Arnav_R , her husband seemed to have made an account just for her. He also liked all her posts. On her latest post which was them holding hands and showing off their rings, he commented a heart. A red heart. 

***********************************

NEW UPDATE SCHEDULE : ON WEDNESDAYS!

Please do vote and comment, Gol Gappas

If y'all like to connect with me, follow me on IG and drop a message. The link is in bio.