Sorted

As promised, if we hit 15k, heres the double update. I couldn't wait till Sunday!                                Also, get you a bff like Saanvi and Prateek.

The next morning saw the same events as the one before. Minimal words were exchanged between Arnav and Kriti. He had dutifully handed her lunch and stood at threshold while she waited for the lift doors to open. The same drive safe Kritika. Have a great day followed.

Broccoli pasta, trail mix, and baby carrots lay in front of her for lunch. Each bite of the pasta had her closing her eyes. Her husband was a great cook.

"Kriti!" She instantly recognized that voice.

"Saanvi!" The best friends hugged each other grinning.

"I didn't know it was bring-your-spouse-to-work day," Kriti teased.

"No, but it is cling-to-your-father-so-that-he-takes-you-work day." Saanvi explained about how Tara had gotten way too attached to Vihaan.

"Talking about spouses, how's your new husband?" Her question had Kriti's face pale. "How's married life?"

"It is, uh, okay. Normal."

"Okay. Spill." Of course, nothing got past Saanvi. There was a reason they were that close. Kriti explained the events that took place the past few days and her conundrum and anger revolving around it. Her best friend however found it amusing.

"Seriously? I tell you my problem and your first reaction is to laugh?" Huffing, she crosses her arms and rolls her eyes.

"It is just really cute." Saanvi commented.

 "Pray tell. What about my misery is so cute?"

"Kriti, this doesn't qualify for a fight, not even for a disagreement. Did you ask him why he wants to have a separate bedroom? Did you press on it?" Kriti shook her head.

"Look, communication is key. I know that you know all this but it is time to start practising."

"Won't that make me-?

"No." Saanvi took Kriti by her arms. "Kriti, if you want this to work, you'll need to talk and marriage is not a competition. It is teamwork. So, ask him and hear him out, okay?"

"Yeah. okay."

"It is really sweet he cooks for you, though." Saanvi said, eyeing the food.

A tinge of pink coloured Kriti's cheeks, "it is."

—-------------------------------------------

"I just don't know what to do." Arnav sighs into the phone. He picks up the egg tray from the shelf. He was in the supermarket right next to his building.

"I don't understand why you'd ask for separate rooms." The person on the other side was Prateek. Arnav called him for advice.

"Well," sucking a deep breath in, he continued, "it is because of my nightmares. I don't want to scare or hurt her away."

"Let me ask you a question," Prateek said. "Are you stupid?" 

"Excuse me? Prateek, I don't have time for jokes right now."

"I'm not joking. How is she supposed to know that you've got nightmares? Imagine what her mind went through when you asked for separate rooms." Prateek's questions had ticked something off in Arnav's brain.

"I didn't want her to know." He said softly.

"It won't work like that, Arnav. She's your wife and she has to know about these things one day or another."