Loud Kids

"Can you for a second stop making love eyes at your husband?" Kriti ushered Saanvi to the side, placing some glasses down. Arnav and Kriti had invited their friends to host them for dinner.

Saanvi, who was busy staring at her husband a second ago, shifted her attention to Kriti. "You just wait for a few more weeks and I'll be saying the same to you."

She looked at Arnav who's gaze was stuck on his wife. Saanvi nudged her and gave her a teasing smile.

"Do you have something you want to tell me?" Kriti looked over her shoulder at Arnav. He was getting juice out of the fridge.

"Well," her voice had become soft, "we started sleeping in the same room." As she finished that sentence, blush coated her cheeks. "This morning I woke up to his hand in mine."

Her shy confession had Saanvi aww-ing. "You guys are so cute." Kriti smiled looking down. She didn't know why Arnav held her hand. She wasn't complaining but a part of her brain wondered if it was due to a nightmare. Throughout the day, she couldn't find time to ask him about it. Partly because of the dinner tonight and partly because she was scared he'd withdraw himself upon being questioned.

The doorbell rang. It was Prateek and Vaani with their son, Sameer. Sameer and Tara were quick to become friends. Their giggles and conversations had the adults laughing. It also helped them breathe from the insane no. of questions the kids asked them.

During dinner, laughter rolled around. Kriti got on well with Prateek and Vaani. Arnav was the same with Saanvi and Vihaan. They talked about their work life, politics, weather and their life in general.

Fifteen minutes after dinner, ice cream was served. The ladies were seated on the couch and the men were near the balcony. Arnav was popping on some One Direction's songs that his wife had added to the collection, as the kids requested. Throughout the dinner, his eyes were fixated on Kriti. She looked stunning in a full sleeve pink floral dress. It didn't help that she was constantly blushing throughout, over something Vaani and Saanvi said. That thought irked him. He was supposed to make his wife blush, not anyone else.

"Arnav uncle," Sameer tugged at his shirt, "Stop staring at Kritika aunty and play us the song." Busted.

He grunted and placed the vinyl on the player, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"You don't smile, Arnav uncle." Tara stated. "You only smile at Kriti aunty."

These kids are certified loudspeakers. Prateek and Vihaan had smirks on their faces while the women had smiles on theirs. His woman had seemed to grow more red.

As the song started to play, the children squealed and slipped into their own world. Arnav took a seat on the swing in the balcony. Prateek sat beside him and Vihaan sat on a chair opposite to them.

"Can't take your eyes off of your wife, huh?" Prateek said with a smug look on his face.

"You're one to talk." Arnav retorted knowing full well that his best friend was wrapped around his wife's finger.

"True but I own it." Prateek replied, looking content with his comeback. His phone rang and he went inside to answer it.

A minute of silence later, Vihaan spoke, "I'm glad Kriti chose you. Over the past year, Saanvi and her have become best friends and she has become like a sister to me." He looked over at the ladies. "Kriti seems happier and I can say that it is because of you."

"I'm happy she chose me too." Arnav was more than happy. He couldn't imagine anyone other than Kriti as his life partner.

He looked at Vihaan to see that he had a dreamy look on his face. He was looking at his wife, Saanvi. Kriti had told him all about their love story. Arnav was amazed at the love a person could have for another. Two years of unrequited and silent love had to be painful. He was happy they ended up together.

Thirty minutes later, everyone took their leave. Hugs followed and the women made plans to have a girls' day out. Vaani hugged Kriti and whispered, "You're the best for Arnav. He's the happiest Prateek and I've seen him in years." Kriti smiled at that.

As Kriti was clearing the table, she felt fingers grazing on her arm, a presence behind her. "You look so beautiful. Too distracting." Arnav's words had her heart beating too fast.

She turned to him and looked him in the eye. "I told you to sit down." Kriti had given him strict orders to stay seated. He had worked too much today and she wanted him to rest. Arnav chuckled and put his hands up and retreated back to the couch.

A while later, she appeared with two coffee cups. They moved to the balcony to sit on the swing. Kriti propped her head against his shoulder and sipped on her coffee. All the chaos was replaced with calm.

"I had a nightmare yesterday." Arnav spoke, breaking the silence. "It was about to get too bad but I woke up and then I -, I held your hand."

Kriti didn't say anything. She hoped that provided him some relief.

"It helped." Arnav said, as if he could read her thoughts. Switching the cup to his left hand, he intertwined his fingers into Kriti's and squeezed her hand.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, even though she knew the answer.

"Not really. I'm okay now." Kriti simply grazed the back of his with her thumb.

A minute later, Arnav asked her something that almost had her spilling her coffee. "Let's go out on a date?"

"Huh?"

"I want to take you out, Kritika." Arnav had noticed how they hadn't really gone out yet. At the dinner, Saanvi spoke of how she and Vihaan would be going abroad for their one year anniversary and Vaani spoke about all the trips she and Prateek had taken over the years. He wanted his wife to have such memories too.

"Really?" She didn't expect this from her husband today.

"Yes."

After a few seconds, she agreed to it and asked him all sorts of questions. Arnav simply told her that she'd have to wait.

"Arnav?" Kriti looked at him.

"Hmm?"

"Hold my hand tonight too?" His heart skipped several beats. He loved touching his wife. He loved being close to her.

"Gladly." 

************************************

Gol Gappas!!!! Hope y'all like this! Do vote and comment. I love reading y'alls comments. 

QOTD: What is your fav ice cream flavour?