Girls' Day

"How is Ahmed's father?" Kriti asked, pulling the blanket over her.

"He is good. The doctors say he is going to make it." She hears shuffling of the sheets from Arnav's side.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay, a little tired. How was your day?"

Kriti's day consisted of thinking about Arnav. She remembered how she made a face after taking a bite of her lunch. She got used to the taste of his delicious food. "It was okay. Saanvi, Vaani and I are going to have a girl's day tomorrow."

"Yeah? What's the plan?"

"We are going to meet up for brunch in a cafe. Go shopping and maybe go to a movie." She gave a pause and added, "we're also obviously going to talk about our husbands."

"Is it?" Kriti could see him smiling. "I hope it is all good things about your husband?"

"It is the best things." She whispered.

"I saw those photos of our date you posted. They're beautiful." His comment, to many more *red heart emoji* had gotten many likes and comments.

"My audience went crazy over that." She took a deep breath. "I miss you so much, Arnav."

"I miss you so much more, my precious." His endearment had her heart beating too fast.

    —----------------------------

The three ladies sat down at a table with their shopping bags and ice creams. Munar, the bodyguard Vihaan appointed for Saanvi, stood ten feet away. When Vaani got him some ice cream, he accepted hesitantly. Now, a 6 '5 man dressed in all black with an ice cream cup in his hand was standing right at the entrance of the food court. Poor man, he stuck out like a sore thumb.

"I don't understand why Vihaan has to send a bodyguard." Saanvi stabbed into her Pistachio ice cream. "I can take care of myself."

Kriti shook her head, amused. Saanvi was now the wife of a CEO, one of the richest men in the country. Of course, she needed protection but she didn't say it out aloud like she did a zillion times before.

"What's new with you girls?" Vaani asked.

"Well," Saanvi began. "Vihaan and I are planning to go to Austria for our one year anniversary. I know it was two weeks back but Vihaan and I really didn't spend much time together then. So, we decided to take a trip this coming weekend."

"That's nice." Kriti took a bite of her ice cream. "What about Tara?"

"She's going to be with her grandparents. She's very attached to them."

"Honestly, that is such a blessing," Vaani said. "Sameer sulks if Prateek or I disappear for more than five hours."

"In a way, yes but at times, she acts so spoiled," Saanvi said.

"They're grandparents, Saanvi." Kriti shrugged. "Ofcourse, they are going to spoil their only grandchild." Vaani nodded to that.

"You say. What's new with you?" 

Kriti put her head down coyly. "Arnav and I had our first date." Saanvi and Vaani squealed, almost alerting Munar.

"How was it?"

"Tell us everything!"

Kriti took her sweet time telling them all about her date. The ladies aww-ed and teased Kriti until she turned red.

"Wow!" Vaani's eyes widened. "So, Mr.Grumpy can be romantic if he wants to be, huh?" Kriti just looked down and giggled.

"I'm going to tell all of this to Prateek so that he can tease Arnav when he gets back."

Kriti's face fell upon hearing that. Saanvi squeezed her hand.

"All of this is a journey towards love, Kriti. You know what they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder."

Kriti hummed and looked away. She didn't know what to name the feelings growing within her. She never thought she could miss a person this terribly but again, the person in question was Arnav. Arnav, her husband who accepted her and showered with utmost care and affection.

********************************** 

Gol Gappas! Hope y'all like this one! Do vote and Comment. Love reading what yall think.

Insta ID: x.wanderlustwrites.x

QOTD: Any writing tips for me? Anything to improve.