TWELVE

"Okay, class, for your midterm assignment," Mr. Choi began, "you guys will be working in pairs for a group project." The students started to buzz with excitement, with some exchanging high-fives with their friends, while Gyuvin glanced at Taerae, who sat beside him.

"Us two?" Taerae confirmed with a cheeky smirk, and Gyuvinn nodded. Mr. Choi had a way of making group assignments feel like a big deal.

"and I will be pairing you." mr choi continued, the room erupted into a chorus of complaints and groans.

"Park Jisung and Kim Youngjin..."

"Seok Mattew and Kim Jiwoong,"

Gyuvin looked at Taerae, who was pursing his lips in frustration.

"Kim Taerae and Ji Junseo," Mr. Choi continued, and Taerae sighed. "Ugh, why him?" he whispered, burying his head in his hands.

After what felt like an eternity, gyuvin felt anxious about with whole he would be paired with but soon he knew.

"Kim Gyuvin and Shen Ricky." 

Mr. Choi announced, and Taerae playfully poked Gyuvinn's side. "Damn, Gyuvin," he chuckled.

Gyuvin tried to hide his initial annoyance, muttering, "Great" under his breath as he glanced at Ricky. Ricky pretended to be absorbed  in his sketchbook, but he couldn't ignore Ricky's victorious smirk. Ricky raised his head, catching Gyuvin's intense gaze. He winked at Gyuvin and mouthed a "fighting."

Gyuvin grunted in response, trying to maintain his composure. The truth was, he found Ricky's enthusiasm irresistible, and he secretly liked the idea  of spending more time with him. However, he was struggling to understand his emotions around Ricky. His past, marked by trauma, made it difficult for him to trust his own feelings, and he was hesitant  to embrace the new emotions swirling around him.