NINETEEN

Outside Gyuvin's room, the muffled sounds of laughter and hushed conversations reached the boy's ears who was lying sound asleep. Gyuvin slowly opened his eyes halfway to take a look at his alarm clock.

"it's 7:30 am, what's going on?" he mumbled to himself, not minding the chitchat coming from outside. He closed his eyes, trying to drift into his broken dreamland once again.

The door creaked open, waking Gyuvin up for the second time. His messy bed-hair peeked out as he looked at Taerae, Hao, and Hanbin popping their heads inside his room.

"Why are y'all here this early? It's still not even 8 am?" he groaned in a sleepy voice.

Gyuvin yawned, his eyes still adjusting to the sudden burst of light. "What's the occasion?"

"Are you serious?" Hao looked at Hanbin, who was snickering next to him.

Taerae, with a grin, took out a small yet cute-looking cake he had been covering behind his back. "Happy birthday, sleepyhead."

Gyuvin's eyes widened, still half asleep. he sat on the disheveled bed. A happy smile broke across his face with realization. "wha... oh... yeah, it's my birthday today. I almost forgot."

Hanbin waved his hands excitingly, "Aigooo, finally, our Gyuvinnie is 18..."

Hao took out a party hat, approached Gyuvin. "Don't look at us like that. Put this on, dummy. It's PARTAYY time."

Gyuvin laughed, taking the party hat and playfully placing it on Hao's head instead. "There we go."

Taerae handed Gyuvin a cutely wrapped gift, "Open it, open it."

With a shrug and a grin, Gyuvin tore the wrapping off. It felt heavy; he opened the lid as his eyes went wide. "OMG, this is so pretty." Gyuvin stared at the ton of chocolates and the blue cloudy patterned sweater inside the box. "Thank you so much, guys."

Four of them gathered around the cake, the candles flickered, Gyuvin closed his eyes, making a silent wish. The room was quiet for a moment, and then, with a deep breath, Gyuvin blew out the candles.

"Thank you guys, this means a lot. Really," Gyuvin smiled genuinely. He got up from his bed to hug the boys. Hanbin gave a pat on Gyuvin's butt.

"Hope you will stop growing taller than us this year."

Gyuvin laughed. "Can't help with that, sorry hyung."

"Now go wash up.. your breath stinks, yuck." Hao pushed away the younger jokingly, earning a pillow throw.