Chapter 26

Becky removed the chains that had held Billy captive and forcibly pulled me towards the pillar, chaining me in Billy's place. I tried to resist, but she was much stronger, and I was securely fastened.

As I looked into her enraged eyes, I was filled with confusion and fear. What was Becky doing? Was she going to abandon me here, imprisoned like Billy?

I frantically attempted to remove the chains that bound me, but my efforts only resulted in causing myself pain. I winced at the discomfort and frustration.

Becky reached out and stroked my cheeks with her bloody hands. My tears fell as I gazed into her eyes, seeking an explanation for her actions.

"What are you doing, Becky?" I asked, my voice trembling with fear and anxiety.

Becky suddenly stabbed me with a knife, causing searing pain to course through my body. Blood spurted from my mouth as I gasped in agony. Becky then proceeded to stab herself, whimpering silently from the pain, and handed the knife to Billy.

Becky leaned heavily against me as we both struggled to catch our breath. My vision blurred, and I was overwhelmed by dizziness and weakness.

"Why?" I managed to gasp, my voice strained as the blood continued to flow.

"You'll understand later, Freen. So, survive," Becky whispered, closing her eyes and laboring to breathe.

I could hear people approaching us, and their voices grew louder as they came closer. They noticed Billy's lifeless body and took Becky into their custody. Another staff came to remove the chains that bound me.

"Billy attacked Freen, and Becky came to her rescue. Inform the head. Becky has been injured," the staff reported, and a messenger was dispatched to deliver the news.

This was Becky's plan all along.

***

I awoke in a large, sterile room bathed in intense white light. It was almost blinding, but I forced my eyes open. What had happened? Was it all over?

I glanced around the room and spotted Becky lying in the adjacent bed. She was still unconscious, and doctors were conversing with someone. Was it her brother? I had never seen him before, but he seemed different from the picture of her brother. Was he truly her sibling?

The man sat beside Becky, taking her hand in his and kissing it, his eyes brimming with tears.

If only he knew what Becky had done, he wouldn't be so emotional.

"Miss Freen? Are you all right now?" a nurse asked. Although I wasn't, I slowly nodded. I didn't want to be in a hospital like this. I wanted Becky to see me first when she woke up.

"How is Becky?" I inquired.

"She's still unconscious, but she will regain consciousness shortly," the nurse replied, and I nodded.

The man who had been at Becky's side sniffled, causing me to roll my eyes. Was he truly Becky's brother? Why didn't he know about his sister's capabilities?

"Nut." Amanda entered the room and both men turned to look at us. She was surprised to find me there as well. "What are you doing here?" she inquired.

Honestly, I didn't know.

"Becky didn't want to let go of her hands when we found them. Is she Becky's carnage?" Nut asked. Wait, Nut? Was he?

"Yes, she is. Anyways, Becky's brother was looking for you outside," Amanda informed Nut, who nodded. He kissed Becky's forehead before departing.

The nurse left the room shortly after, leaving just the two of us inside. Becky suddenly turned her head and opened her eyes, smiling weakly.

"You did well," she responded to my earlier question. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry for what?" I inquired, perplexed. Perhaps, it was because I found out about Nut. "It's fine. I don't care about it," I lied, though it pained me.

Funny how she had been spending her nights with me while her boyfriend was out there, seemingly completely in love with her.

"Are you sure?" Becky asked again, and I turned to face her.

"Yes."

I left the hospital that day and returned to the institution. I had left Becky behind because she wanted to spend time with her boyfriend. Every night, I was in anguish, wondering what they were doing. Could Nut fulfill her desires? My dark thoughts repeatedly made me tear up. When could I have Becky all to myself? Would I ever have her in this lifetime? Because if not, I would rather not live at all. There was no reason for me to continue living.

"I heard that Becky is back. Is she going to stay here?" Nam inquired.

Nam had been staying in my room for the past two days, tending to my wounds. She had taken care of me since I couldn't properly bandage my injuries.

"I don't know. Isn't the Flower Manor already built?" I asked.

"Yes, but she doesn't want to stay there. She wants to be with you," Nam replied.

I didn't really care anymore. There were no longer any butterflies.

"I'm just going to take a shower," Nam said, standing up and heading towards the bathroom.

I remained lying down, flipping through a magazine when someone entered the room. It was Becky. She immediately approached me and kissed me passionately, as if nothing had transpired.

"What happened to your wounds?" I asked as I saw that she didn't seem to feel any pain after moving so much.

"They're gone. You should have stayed in the hospital longer; they would have taken better care of you there," Becky explained, and I nodded.

She removed the magazine I had been reading and straddled me, her intentions clear.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she inquired. I rolled my eyes. As if she didn't have a boyfriend. She had already confessed.

"Hmm?" Becky moved up my camisole slightly and looked at the bandage covering my wound.

"I'm still hurt, so get off me," I insisted, but she didn't move.

"I'm sorry, baby." Becky leaned in for a kiss and gently caressed the bandage on my wound. It didn't hurt, and it tickled.

Becky was insistent on kissing me, and I eventually gave in to her lips. She gently traced circles on my abdomen and slid her hands beneath my shorts.

"Holy guacamole!"

Becky and I immediately separated from each other when we heard Nam's exclamation. Damn, I had forgotten that she was still in the room.

"I'm out of here; you two can continue," Nam said awkwardly, chuckling as she left the room with a towel wrapped around her hair.

Becky and I looked at each other, our faces flushed.